Home

"So I have to write five sentences with waste and five with the other kind of waste but I don't get it," Ethan complained furrowing his eyebrows cutely. Luke internally swooned.

"It's simple baby. Make five sentences with w-a-s-t-e as in rubbish and another five with w-a-i-s-t like the one you have in your body," Luke explained as he sat down by the dinner table.

"Okay thanks Lukey. Can you give me one?" Ethan asked

"Sure. Waste is bad for the environment," Luke said proudly but Ashton scoffed from his seat next to him where he was working on some accounts.

"He's five Luke, he doesn't know what the environment is," Ashton said

"But I do daddy! I do!" Ethan yelled excited but Luke quickly told him to keep his inside voice. Ashton smiled proudly of his two boys.

Ashton was first worried when Luke moved in because he had a young son to care for but so far it's been six days and Luke has helped feed Ethan and also helped him with his homework. He also puts Ethan to bed and sings to him. Ashton couldn't be anymore proud and Luke loves Ethan and Ethan loves Luke.

"Is Calum coming home?" Ethan asked as he made his sentences.

"Of course baby, he's just getting food," Luke answered covering for Calum because he was with his boyfriend. Living with Calum has been amazing, it's so cool having your best fried with you.

"Really?" Ashton asked raising an eyebrow.

"You know, that really turns me on," Luke smirked

"Not in front of the child Lucas!" Ashton chided but he was laughing while Ethan remained oblivious to the whole exchange.

"He is getting food, just with his boyfriend," Luke said

"So then Luke I guess Calum isn't coming home soon," Ashton said

"Maybe. But then there's more time for me and you," Luke suggested wiggling his eyebrows making his dream look at him fondly and kiss him.

"I like that," Ashton said teasingly kissing Luke.

"Gross!" Ethan yelled seeing the pair kiss causing them to break away laughing but there was a knock on the door interrupting them.

Without a word, Ashton got up to answer it.

"Charlie, hi."

"Hello Ashton. May I come in?" She asked when he opened the door. He didn't respond but he opened the door wider and motioned for er to come in.

"I've thought about it and you're right. I know much these kids mean to you and I shouldn't try to take that away. So even though I don't agree with your relationship with Luke, I won't fight you for sole custody," she announced and as soon as she was done Ashton burst into a smile.

"Thank you so much Charlie," Ashton said as he hugged her.

She smiled warmly back at him before Ashton told her Ethan was in the kitchen/dining area.

"Ethan honey?" She called as she walked into the room.

"Mummy!" He yelled as he ran into her arms.

Luke was left at the dining table with a somber face. He knew Charlotte didn't like him and he knew she still blames him for Calum's 'lifestyle.'

"Hello Luke," she said politely. She was making an effort because even if she didn't like Luke and Ashton, or Luke in general she is going to have to get used to him because it seems like he's staying. He's in a relationship with Ashton and exposed to her children.

"Hi Charlie," Luke replied with a small smile.

"Where's Calum?" Charlie asked looking around. She and Calum have come to an agreement, that is that they don't mention his liking for boys at all to one another.

"He's out getting some dinner," Luke answered.

"Okay. I was about to go home and make some myself," Charlie said

"Mummy I want some too! Can I come?" Ethan asked enthusiastically from his mother's arms bouncing a bit.

Charlie didn't know how to respond to that so she looked at Ashton for help.

"If you want to Ethan. It's Friday so you could even stay the night at mummy's," Ashton said.

"Yes!" Ethan cheered.

"Why don't you come too? Family dinner?" Charlie asked looking at Ashton.

If Luke didn't feel awkward before, he sure was now. It just reminded him that don't matter what, he's never going to be part of Ashton's family like that.

"Oh uh, Luke and I had plans," Ashton said politely watching Luke's expression out of the corner of his eye. He saw it written on his gem's face that he was sad.

"It's okay, you can come too Luke. And call Calum over," Charlie said

Luke and Ashton exchanged a look not too sure what to say.

"C'mon we're gonna be family so might as well try to get along," Charlie smiled

"But you hate me," Luke responded

"I know. But let's put the negative energies behind us," she replied to which both the gem and the dream raised eyebrows to.

"Please daddy and Lukey, please come," Ethan pleaded.

"Okay. I guess we could," Ashton said looking at Luke for conformation.

"I suppose. Let me message Calum," Luke said pulling out his phone.

"Alright. All set," he said as he put his phone away.

=•=

Ashton and Luke laughed as they made their way down the hall to Ashton's apartment.

Dinner went well, it was very awkward at first with no one not sure how to start about a conversation but somehow they found mutual ground taking about television shows.

Ethan has fallen asleep during the ride back home and was currently balanced on Ashton's shoulder as he opened the door to their home.

But their happiness was short lived as a pair of cops made their way to them.

"Good night officers," Ashton said politely.

"We're here for Luke Hemmings," one said making Luke furrow his eyebrows along with his dream.

"I'm sorry but what?" Luke asked

"We received a call from your mother that said we need to get you home," the officer explained.

"But why?" Ashton asked

"Luke is a minor, under eighteen. According to law he's supposed to be living with a capable adult," the other officer said

"But I am a capable adult. And Luke wants to be here with me, I'm not holding him against his will," Ashton said grabbing Luke close.

"It's true. I left because I didn't want to be there. I'm not on the streets, I'm with someone responsible and capable so I don't see why you're still here," Luke said taking Ashton's hand and holding it tighter to his chest.

"But I'm the police-"

"Fück the police," Luke responded letting his dream's hand go and entering his home.

=•=

I have no idea why this took me so long to write, I had the draft started weeks so sorry for the wait.

Anyways hope you liked the chapter and the state of bliss because hell is gonna break soon.

But for now don't forget to vote and comment 💖

Byeeeeee💕