Settle

Ashton sat in the living room watching some food show that was teaching him how to make enchiladas.

He was so intrigued, mentally checking off the ingredients he had to make it in his kitchen.

Calum was next to him on the far end of the couch, snuggling a pillow wishing it was his boyfriend.

It's been a whole three days and tense isn't even the word to describe what was happening in the Iriwn household.

Charlie hasn't spoken to both Calum and Ashton causing the two youngest kids to worry (but they didn't tell their parents) and Jennifer didn't really pay attention but she was on to something.

The show took a break and after watching a commercial, Ashton decides to talk to his son.

"So Calum, how's things with Luke?" Ashton started off with a mutual topic.

"Fine I guess. We've been closer than ever before since this mess happened," Calum said not referring to his boyfriend as the mess but the whole running away situation.

"That's good. Luke's a good boy, don't let your mom discourage you from talking to him. I know he means a lot to you," Ashton says softly thinking of his precious gem and his pretty smile.

"He does. I still can't believe mom thinks that I'm dating him," Calum snorted at the absolutely absurd idea.

"Yeah it's crazy," Ashton agreed cackling at the thought.

"I don't know why she persists on that idea. And Mrs. Hemmings, I don't know why she'd think it was me but I guess it makes sense. Luke's been a lot happier lately," Calum confessed.

"Oh really?" Ashton asked intrigued now.

"Yeah he smiles a lot more now and just seems so happy like he's on cloud 9. I don't really know how to describe it but it reminds me of when I got my boyfriend," Calum says thinking back to the fond memory.

"He does? I'm happy for him," Ashton says smiling too because his baby boy had the same effect on him too.

"Plus he shows up with a ton of hickies. I see them when he's changing for gym," Calum snorted at the idea of his Luke having sex with someone because he's just so awkward.

"Do people make fun of him?" Ashton asked worried that he did damage than good. He just liked marking his gem, making him his.

"No Luke's a smart boy. He's always the last one to change when everyone's already gone to the field and it's just me and him," Calum said

"That's good. But tell me about you Calum. And how's things with your boyfriend."

"Fine. I really love him dad," Calum said quietly glad that at least one person in his family accepted him.

=•=

The Irwin family just came back from church. It was horrendous, not the praying part, the staying in the hot building for half day wasn't the best part.

Neither was waking up at six in the morning on a Sunday.

It's been this ritual for two weeks now, this being the second Sunday they've attended service. Calum still didn't have the 'gay taken out of him' and Ashton was pretty convinced that if given the way the family is, Calum might run away again.

Ashton entered the room and slammed his coat down on the table.

"Is that a form of protest?" Charlie asked annoyed.

"Yes, it is because my life is ridiculous now," Ashton hissed

"Your life has always been ridiculous," Charlie said