Cry

"Cal, we need to talk," Luke said with a shaky voice.

"Okay?" Calum said sitting down on the bed feeling a bit nervous. He knew Luke felt nervous too, he could see it on his face and with his trembling limbs.

Luke swallowed his pride and sat down beside Calum on the bed. Dinner was done, Michael and Ashton were in the living room probably sitting in awkward silence with the television in the background.

"I have something to tell you," Luke started off.

"I get that much," Calum replied

"But first tell me that you love me," Luke begged with a sadness in his eyes.

"What?" Calum asked very, very confused in that moment. Why did Luke need to know that he loved him? Luke knows that he does, Luke just needs to hear Calum say it again, even if it's for the last time.

"Please," he begged his eyes filling with tears rapidly.

My best friend is gonna kill me.

He's gonna hate me.

He's never speaking to me again.

Oh gosh, what if he never speaks to Ashton again?

Oh my god, this is all my fault.

Thousands of thoughts like these were going a million miles a minute in Luke's brain, he always prized himself on having a brain but it seems like it turned to mush with all the negative thinking he's been doing in the last minute.

Calum wanted to protest. He wanted to stand up and demand what's going on. He wanted Luke to just tell him already.

But he won't do that.

He remembered back when he kept Michael a secret and it caused so much drama, but Luke was right there by his side, never leaving. And now it's Calum's turn to do the same.

"I love you bro," Calum smiled warily.

"Promise you won't hate me?" Luke asked in a small voice. A part of him is just ready to tell Calum the truth, to get it out of his chest and into the open. He felt like it would make this invisible load on his back disappear.

"Luke, I love you. You're my best friend and you've always been there for me. I know right now, that you want me to be there for you and I will. I promise. Whatever it is, maybe I'll be mad but I'll always love you," Calum said softly wrapping his arms around his best friend.

He placed his head on Luke's broad shoulder and rubbed his hands down Luke's sides as comfort.

"I'm seeing someone," Luke whispered

"Who?" Calum asked

"Ashton."

"Ashton Dale from chemistry?" Calum asked confused. Not once has he ever seen Luke interact with the football star of the school, Ashton dale. He was in a year higher than Luke's and Calum was pretty sure he had a girlfriend.

"No, Ashton Irwin."

It was silent for a while. Calum wasn't always the smartest kid, he knew that. He had his moments where it seemed like his brain shut off.

This was one of those moments. He didn't quite register that Ashton Irwin was in fact his dad. But that's only because he never thought in a million years that Luke would utter those words out of his mouth for the answer to 'who are you dating?'

Luke saw when Calum makes the click. He saw when Calum's eyes widen in humanely and his entire face was a pink dust colour.

"Ashton Irwin? As in my father?" Calum yelled getting up throwing Luke off him. 

"Yes."

"My god Luke that's disgusting. He's like twice your age and my father!"

"I know that Calum but-"

"No buts Luke. You're dating my dad, the person you're supposed to see as a fatherly figure. Oh my god, was it you that made my parents divorce?"

"Not exactly," Luke winced his eyes getting teary.

"Hell, you did. You made my dad cheat on my mom. You caused them to break up. Luke, you messed my my parents' marriage," Calum said taking a bigger step back but away from Luke.

Luke stood up now ready to defend his case and win his best friend back.

"It wasn't like that," Luke protested.

"Oh really? Then how'd it happen? Not during their marriage? And now my dad and mom don't live together anymore," Calum cried frustrated at his home life, his dad and Luke. 

"Calum why does it matter that much? Your mom won't even look you in the eye because you're gay! When you'd found out about the divorce, you were so happy to move in here with your dad," Luke shouted.

"Shut up!"

"No it's true! Admit it, things were gonna come to an end even if I wasn't seeing your dad," Luke said trying to get closer to Calum but every step Luke took forward made Calum move backwards.

Calum swear that bile came up his throat at the words 'seeing your dad.'

"Calum I'm sorry that I lied and I'm sorry things turned out this way but I'm happy, please try and understand or at least let me explain myself," Luke pleaded.

"No Luke. I don't even want to see you right now," Calum said honestly and walks out the room with tears in his eyes and a feeling of betrayal. 

Luke started crying as he saw his life long friend exit the room not even giving him a chance to explain but deep down he knew he didn't deserve a chance.

"Calum what happened?" Michael asked as soon as he saw the state his boyfriend was in. He immediately jumped to his feet and walked to him to pull him into a hug.

Calum cried into Mikey's shirt and clung onto the material, his nails scraping his boyfriend's pale chest.

Michael didn't say anything but he let Calum cry.

"Calum what's wrong?" Ashton asked standing up and making his way to the pair. He subtly looked behind Calum to see if Luke was coming but he didn't see any sign of him. He was worried now.

He moved to put an arm on Calum hounded but Calum only yanked away from his grasp and cried harder. 

"You disgust me," he said before pulling his boyfriend with him and making his way out of the apartment. 

Ashton stood on the same spot piecing what just happened together and it clicked.

Luke had told Calum.

=•=

Who ever had the brilliant idea of putting I and O next to Eva other come let me slap you because I hate it when I'm trying to say in and I type on instead.

Anyways Luke finally told Calum and his reaction is what most expected.

But this get better only to get worse again. *devil smirk*

Byeeeeee