Nicknames

Ashton woke up to the front door slamming shut and the sounds of noisy children.

He jumped awake and sighed seeing it was dark outside. He carefully slipped his arm from under Luke to check the time on his phone.

It was seven o'clock. Charlie was back late, she went to the mall with the kids after they finished practice.

He mumbled and groaned forgetting the fact that there was a naked teenage boy on the bed he slept in where he was also naked.

Luke woke up when he heard Ashton wake up but he didn't hear the front door slam.

"Hey," Luke said with a scratchy voice from sleep

"Hello angel," Ashton replied leaving a sweet kiss on Luke's lips.

"Can't you pick one nickname for me? I have like five," Luke giggled sitting up a bit.

"Well let's see," Ashton started pretending to think as Luke got on his lap.

"I call you gem because you're precious, one of a kind and always lovely. You're priceless and your beauty reminds me of gems. Also your eyes, they look like sapphire sometimes," Ashton said resting his hands on Luke's hips.

Luke hummed in happiness and he leaned down to press soft kisses to Ashton's chest.

"You're also angel, because you're so innocent and sweet, like an angel. You're also pale and for some reason when I think angel, I think white," Ashton continued kissing Luke's forehead.

"And you're my baby boy because if I'm your daddy, you must be my baby. You're so cute and I feel this need to protect you and please you," Ashton concluded with a grin.

"I'm unbelievably happy right now," Luke said smiling widely

"Well believe it baby boy otherwise the moment will slip away," Ashton said pressing a soft peck to Luke's nose causing the younger boy to scrunch his nose up cutely.

"Ash?" A voice called down the hall.

"Shit," Ashton swore trying to find a way out of this situation.

"She's home?" Luke whisper asked with wide eyes.

"Ashton, are you in the guest room?" She asked getting closer.

"Sorry Luke," Ashton whispered before throwing Luke off him so he landed on the carpet with a soft thud.

Luke resisted to groan in pain and instead shoot Ashton a quick middle finger from his place on the floor.

He crept under the bed in record time just as the door swung open and Charlie put the light on.

Ashton groaned pretending that he now waking up and squinted at the bright light.

"What do you want?" He asked rather coldly.

"I wanted to see if you're awake," she said softly.

"Well I am now," Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to know," she fumbled a bit for words.

Ashton sighed. This was beyond awkward but for the first time since he married her, Ashton can look at Charlie and feel mutual care for her, not love.

"Are we alright Ash?" She asked

"I don't know Charlie. You go behind my back and pressure Calum and you're completely against Luke, he's done nothing wrong and he's our son's best friend," Ashton sighed

"I just feel suspicious of Luke. I really don't know why," Charlie confessed

"He's a nice friend to Calum and he's like family," Ashton said choosing his words carefully.

"Maybe. Dinner should be ready soon," Charlie said finally closing the door.

When her footsteps where completely out of hearing range and Ashton was positive she went downstairs, he called for Luke.

Luke's blond head peaked up from under the bed and he carefully tried to wiggle himself out causing Ashton to laugh.

Luke pouted and when he was done he laid on the bed next to Ashton.

"Thank you for defending me," Luke said kissing Ashton.

"I'll always defend you. You mean a lot to me," Ashton said watching Luke's eyes shine with happiness.

"Hey daddy, how do I get home?" Luke asked

"Through the back door," Ashton said simply

"But I'm naked," Luke said

"Well put your clothes on," Ashton snorted

"But there downstairs," Luke reminds him.

"Shīt," Ashton said.

=•=

In the end, Ashton had to lend his gem some clothes and snuck him through the back door without any disturbances.

He causally strolled into the living room and picked his and Luke's clothes up from under the couch and put them in his office because he knew no one goes in there but him.

"Hey," Charlie called as he entered the kitchen.

"Hello," he said

"Are we good?" She asked causing Ashton to smile sadly. She always was the person to cut straight to the point.

"I don't know," he admitted.

=•=

Luke was laying on the couch watching some reruns of Dance Moms when Chloe was actually in the series.

"Hey Luke, what do you want for dinner?" His mom asks coming into the living room.

"I don't care mom, maybe some mashed potatoes," Luke suggested

"Okay. With baked beans?" She asked

"Sure," he said not taking her on at all, but Liz wasn't ready to leave just yet.

"Luke what if we got you a nose piercing as well?" She asked completely joking.

"Seems fun," he replied watching Abby yell at the kids

"And we can go condom shopping tomorrow while we're at it," she said

"Why not," Luke hummed

"Luke Hemmings, shut the tv off and look at me," she said giving up

Luke reluctantly did as she said

"You turn the tv off not shut it off," Luke said

"Luke don't sass me," Liz sighed watching the hickey the size of a ping pong ball.

"I'm sorry mother, what is it you wanted?" Luke asked

"I just wanted to know what you wanted for dinner. That's all," she smiled walking out of the room.

She saw the love bite but Luke didn't know she did. She had suspicions, Luke was out late and acting very secretly not telling her exactly where he was going.

Or maybe he was really going to Calum's. But Liz didn't believe that was all. She knew there was more to this, she knew Luke has a boyfriend or at least some one he's seeing.

And she's determined to find out who.

Momma Hemmings on the loose.

This was a filler chapter but the next chapter is what everyone is waiting for.

It's the big moment.

Can you guess what happens?

Vote and comment lots 💖

School started back and I have life changing exams this year so updates are gonna go back to once a week hopefully.

Byeeeeeee 💕