Chapter 4

Breyana's POV

Once Brandon left I wanted to take a shower, but I realized I still don't have my clothes with me. So I walked into his room and opened his drawer. I pulled out some gray sweatpants, a big white shirt, and another pair of Ralph Lauren boxers.

That's when I realized he's a guy, he doesn't have bra's, so I took two socks but soon realized that wouldn't work. I put the socks back in his sock drawer and grabbed another white shirt. I walked back into my room and showered.

After lotioning down I twisted the big white shirt and made two holders and wrapped it around my chest, one for each breast. I tied the ends of the shirt behind my back, and pulled the other shirt over my head putting it on. I put the boxers on then the baggy gray sweatpants.

I brushed my hair as it landed in the middle of my back. I walked down stairs and the smell of breakfast excited me. I haven't had an home made breakfast since before my father died and my mother was off of drugs.

"Good morning." I said walking in the kitchen to see Maria cooking. "Good morning." She said not paying me any attention. "What are you cooking?" I asked.

"Bacon, eggs, blueberry pancakes, and sausages." She said not taking one good look at me. "How long have you worked for Brandon?" I asked.

She put the spatula on napkin on the counter, then turned and looked at me with a fake but irritated smile on her face. The smile when you don't like someone but have to be nice to them.

"You ask a lot of questions don't you?" She asked. "Well I'm just curious." I said feeling taken back. "Well don't be, Brandon doesn't like people in his business at all." She said keeping the stupid smile on her face, then she turned around.

She rolled her eyes when she turned around, I saw her. I don't know why people don't like me. Like I don't even know this girl and she already has something against me.

I walked into the living room not wanting to deal with someone else hating me. I wonder what Poet is doing. Most likely she's wondering where I am. If she were here she would have probably told a joke about Maria's bad attitude to cheer me up.

I stayed to myself all day, I stayed in my room not eating breakfast. I got out of bed and walked over to the mirror and stared at myself. I stared at myself for a minute trying to figure out what I've been trying to answer for years now, who am I?

I touched the necklace my Dad gave me when I was born. It's an diamond in crusted B. I twirled it with my index finger and thumb, before dropping it.

I heard the door open and jumped up and walked down stairs quickly. I'm pretty sure he doesn't allow running in a place so beautiful as this. I walked into the living room.

"About time you got back, you took forever. We have so much to talk about, so let's-." I stopped talking when I saw a short brown skin girl, with long brown hair, standing next to Brandon.

"Who is this?" I asked. She looked at me like I was crazy before looking up at Brandon. "I could be asking the same thing." She said staring at him as she moved aside and crossed her arms.

"Bae this is the girl I was going to have stay with you, she's only what sixteen. That's how you know ain't shit happening or going to happen between us, so calm down. Breyana this is my girl, Erykah." He said pulling her back to him.

"Oh, hi it's nice to meet you." I said extending my hand. "You too." She said shaking my hand weirdly. "Bre I got your stuff, Rico and a few others are going to bring it up." He said before sitting on the couch and Erykah followed.

"Okay, and om we can talk later." I said feeling let down. I walked up to my room and laid in the bed as his words repeated in my head. "she's only what sixteen. That's how you know ain't shit happening or going to happen between us,".

I know I barely know him, but dang, he makes me feel like a child. He said he would come straight home, but he never mentioned bringing company over. Plus he never mentioned the girl I was supposedly was going to stay with was, no is his girl.

I sat on my bed, well my temporary bed, as a few guys brought my stuff in. I have nice clothes, my dad made sure I was going to have nice things. I got all of my clothes before my momma got hooked on drugs and started spending all of the money to support her habit.

I just miss Poet, I feel so out of place here. I feel like a child, but mainly I feel like Brandon's Charity case. I don't want to be or feel like his Charity case. I thought I was a priority, a new friend, but I guess I was wrong. I'm just some little girl he's helping out, in his eyes.

The dude that was in the car the day Brandon and I met walked into my room. "Excuse me, om my name is Breyana, and I was wondering if you could do me a favor." I said standing up from the bed.

He looked at me for a minute, as if he were debating on a answer. "Suicide, whatchu need?" He asked with his hand out. I shook his hand and smiled. "Well whenever you go back around my way, can you tell a girl named Poet that I'm fine and that I'll be back sooner than later?" I asked.

"I'll see if I can," he said looking serious. "Well do you need me to describe her for you?" I asked staring up at him hoping he'll really do it. "I'll find her most likely without your little description." He said making me feel little once again.

"Well, thank you." I said trying to stay polite. He didn't say anything he just walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. I just started unpacking some of my clothes.