Chapter 8

Brandon's POV

I walked up to Breyana's room, remembering everything Maria just told me. I knocked on her door as I leaned on the doorframe. She looked up at me before waving me over.

I sat next to her on her bed, but before I could speak she started talking. "I must've scared you early huh?" She asked giving me a small smile. "Yea, I didn't know what to say. I just went out to tell a couple of people I might need them to move some stuff." I said looking at her.

"Well I didn't mean to scare you, I was just..... I wasn't feeling well." She said not knowing that I know she's leaving out a whole lot more information. "Oh, well if you still want to go then I can have that arranged." I said looking at her.

"No, Maria sat me down and had a little talk. She kind of changed my mind, and sort of changed the way I look at things. You're lucky to have her as an employee. If it wasn't for her, I probably would've left a long time ago and you would've came back here to an empty condo." She said quietly but seriously.

"Yea, she's great. I don't know what I would do without her." I lied knowing I would've brought Riri here to do what Maria does. Maria got lucky, ...I guess.

"I know, she's like the only person I can talk to here." She said making me feel weird. "Well you can talk to me," I said in a matter of fact tone. "Yea, but you're never here. She's always here, so I kind of open up to her more." She said.

Great, looks like I won't be getting rid of Maria after all. I was going to fire her, I just needed a reason to. I could've been cold hearted like I was going to be and fire her for nothing, but now that Breyana is getting attached to Maria and she'll probably leave if Maria leaves.

I don't know why I want Breyana to stay so bad, if it was anybody else I would've been like bye real fast. But with her I'm like no, stay. Shit is confusing me.

"Okay, I guess this is a girls thing so I'm ah let it go." I said. "What? Are you getting mad because I open up to her more?" She asked smiling. "Nah, I'm just sayin it's a girl thing." I said smiling.

"Nooo, you are adorable when you're mad and jealous." She said poking my side making me jump. "Whoa, chill wit dat." I said scooting over as I pushed her hands away. I guess I made her excited because her eyes got big and her smile grew.

"Oh my goodness! You're ticklish!" She said smiling and she jumped me and started tickling me. I jumped up and pinned her down on the bed. "Aye, chill wit dat gay shit." I said trying to be serious but couldn't stop smiling.

"How is that gay? To boys everything is gay! Tickling is not gay, it's sort of natural." She said smiling. I let her go and sat back down. "No seriously, why is everything gay to guys?" She asked smiling.

"Everything is not gay," I said leaning back. "Then why can't a girl slap a guys butt but they think it's okay to slap a girls butt?" She asked. "Because it's gay, it's normal to do to girls. Not the other way around. Why would a nigga want someone slapping their ass unless they're gay?" I asked.

"Why would a girl want a guy to slap her butt? It's gay right?" She asked being funny. "I'm not about to sit here and explain this to you." I said shaking my head.

"That's because you don't have an explanation!" She shouted as she laughed...