Chapter 37

Baby girl's POV

As the days past, I've been thinking a lot. Breyana definitely came back, but Jayden hasn't been back at all. I mean, it's for the best. I can handle caring about one person, but not two.

I had to choose between Jayden and Breyana, and I chose Breyana. Today is the day that I can go home, finally. The only thing that will bother me is Breyana, she has been asking what happened to Jayden and why won't he come visit or tell her what's going on. Quite frankly, I haven't told her either.

I've been dodging her questions, and trying to change the subject, but everyday she's getting more and more curious. "Ready to go?" Breyana asked smiling. "Yea, more than ready." I said getting up already dressed.

I didn't allow them to wheel me out of here in a wheelchair, because I have two legs and I can walk. I hate being taken care of, I hate being treated like a child or someone who's dependent.

On the drive back to the house, Breyana didn't bring up Jayden. But she is talking about something, I just zoned her out because it's nothing important. I just smile when she laughs and nod when she say something and nod.

Once we got to the house, I got out the truck, and we walked to the door as said something and I nodded in agreement. Once she opened the door, the first thing I see is a house full of people.

"What's going on?" I asked Breyana. She knows I hate surprises. "Everyone wanted to see you and thank you for saving Kaeden." Breyana said smiling. "Why am I the last to find out? You know I hate surprises." I asked not paying anyone but Breyana attention.

"I just told you before we walked in, and you nodded in agreement that it was okay." Breyana said not smiling. "Oh,....shit. I really zoned you out the whole way here and just agreed with everything you were saying." I said before laughing.

"Well you know everyone, but in case you don't remember her, this is Jayla, Kaeden's mother." Breyana said as Jayla walked over to me. "I remember, you know I remember everyone's face and name for protection reasons." I said staring at Jayla.

She just smiled and hugged me. If you haven't noticed already, I'm not a hugger. It took a while for me to start hugging Breyana back, and I only did that because she gets too emotional when I don't.

"Thank you so much for saving my baby," she said sounding like she's crying. Oh, she is, I just felt a tear on my shirt. "Om,.. You're welcome, but I'm not a hugger soooo...." I said still not hugging her back.

"Yea, it took forever for her to hug me back. I guess one day she was like fuck it, and hugged me back. She gave me that exception, but I'm not sure she will give it to anyone else, except Kaeden or Jayden of course." Breyana said making me give her a look of uncertainty.

"Yeaaaa, righhhhttt." I said sarcastically agreeing. Maybe the kid, but not Jayden. I saw Jayden walk outback, and I guess that's where the kids are. "Is there anything else I missed when I zoned you out, that you want to enlighten me on?" I asked Breyana, just in case this turns into another fourth birthday party for Kaeden that I don't know about.

"Maybe later, but for now, no." Breyana said before walking outback. Almost everyone in the house hugged and thanked me for saving the baby, but of course I got upset with every hug I got. I just held it in, they don't mean any harm or anything. They are just happy the kid is alive, and thankful I saved him.

I went outback with everyone, where I was attacked with more hugs and thankfulness. The only hug I didn't get upset with, that I got, is from the baby. He ran up to me, and hugged my legs. Now how can I get upset with that? He's too adorable. I picked him up, and hugged him back. He's the only one who got a hug back.

Of course he dragged me over to his cousins and asked me to play toys with him. I couldn't refuse or say no to a pretty face like that so I agreed. That's where the rest of my night went.

Of course while I was playing and having a good time with the kid, I felt someone staring at me, and every time I turned around to see who, it was Jayden. Once our eyes met, we both looked away every time.

Then he got up and went inside, I just stayed outside and played with his adorable nephew.

By the time everyone was leaving, I walked inside. Jayden was still inside but he was talking to Brandon. I'm not going to speak to him, but once he saw that I had came in, he stopped the conversation and left with his sister and nephew. His brother been left earlier.

I shrugged my shoulders before going up to my room and grabbing some clothes and taking a nice hot shower. Afterwards, I got in bed and fell asleep instantly. Hospital beds aren't comfortable at all to me, and their food is disgusting. Some people like it, but not me. I ate good today, and now I'm sleeping good too.