Chapter 13

Breyana's POV

Time to get out

All I can say is, Finally. I'm finally out, I've never been so happy in my life. Not surprisingly, Jayden is the only one who was here to pick me up.

He drove me far out to this nice house. I didn't care, I hugged Jayden for dear life. I am just happy to be able to do what I want. I ran to the house expecting everyone including Brandon to be there.

I ran inside and everyone stood up and I hugged everybody. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing as I hugged everybody. I sat down and they all looked at me not wanting to blink like I was going to leave the moment they do.

"Where's Brandon?" I asked smiling noticing he's not here. "Well,..... He's not back from New Orleans. He should be back tomorrow morning." Clay said. "Oh," I said feeling let down once again.

Poet never came to visit after the first time. Brandon never came once, and now he's not even here for me when I get out. He's the reason I was even in there, and he can't be here when I got out. Wow, now I really see where we stand.

Life is full of surprises, and it's time for me to be more like baby girl, heartless. At least she doesn't have to worry about heart break, because she doesn't love anyone. She doesn't have to worry about someone letting her down, because she doesn't get her hopes up no matter what.

"You good?" Suicide asked. "Yea, I'm fine. I'm just happy to be out. All I'm going to do today is relax and enjoy everything that I took for granted before I was locked away." I said calmly as I gave off a small smile.

I walked up stairs and to my surprise there was a door with my name on it in big letters. I took every letter down though. When I walked in I put the letters on the dresser and grabbed some clothes that were surprisingly in the dresser.

I got in a hot steaming bubble bath, and let myself relax. After a while I washed up in Jasmine scented lotion, which reminded me, I'm going to be there when Jazzy aka Baby girl gets out in a week.

I got out and did my hygiene things, I got in bed and took a long needed nap on a real bed. I must've been out for a while because when I woke up, it was three in the morning. But then I went back to sleep.

The next day

When I woke up again it was ten in the morning. I heard Brandon's voice, making me excited. But then I thought about it, why should I be all excited for him? He's not excited for me, and he hasn't been here for me.

He probably doesn't care about me. But here I am getting all happy hearing the sound of his voice, and excited to see him. I need to get myself together. Baby girl said if I ever need anything, she's just a phone call away. Once she gets out of course.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and eventually closer to my room. I know it's Brandon because he was talking on his way up the stairs. I turned my back to the door and pretended to be asleep.

I'm not ready to talk to him yet, plus I didn't even get out the bed and shower or brush my teeth or anything yet. He opened my door slowly and peeked in, I'm sure he did.

He began to walk near me, but I guess he changed his mind and left out closing my door as quietly as he could.

I stayed in bed for a while, and all I could hear are a bunch of people coming over. That's when I decided to get up.

It is about eleven now. I took a shower then did my hygiene things. By the time I picked something out to wear and got dressed, it was one in the afternoon.

I walked down stairs and the whole house was full. At least it's full with people I know. I guess this is a cookout, and I'm guessing it's a welcome home cookout because everyone keeps telling me welcome back or welcome home.

Through out the whole cookout, I avoided Brandon. But not in a noticeable way where he would know. I did it in a way where it would look like I'm just talking to people and having a good time.

I was in the pool swimming and talking to people. Jayden kept playing throwing water on me which set off a whole water fight in the pool between everyone.

Then once we got out, we ran around throwing water balloons and shooting water guns at each other. It became a girls vs boys thing. The crazy thing is, that it's mainly the teens playing.

Brandon, Suicide, Clay, Big dog, and everybody else that's twenty and up didn't play. I'm seventeen now, Jazzy and I had our birthdays in the inside months before I got out.

Jayden is eighteen, Brandon is twenty, and basically everybody just got older, except for Suicides sister Ashley. She's turning eighteen in like another month or so.

Brandon's POV

As I watched Bre having fun with everyone else, I realized how happy I am that she's home. I was going to talk to her this morning but she was asleep and I didn't want to wake her up.

Every time I try to talk to her, she's gone doing something else. First she was talking to everyone, then she put on her bathing suit and got in the pool and started playing with everyone.

After their little water fight, I was going to talk to her, but she looked happy to see everyone and to be around everyone. So I'll just talk to her when everyone goes home.