Chapter 36

Baby girl's POV

I woke up feeling funny like I'm on drugs or something. I looked around the room and realized I'm in the hospital. I spotted a sleeping Jayden, Breyana, and Brandon.

I reached over to Jayden considering he's the closest, and gave him a nice push. "Jayden get me the hell out of here." I slurred and realized I'm slurring.

He opened his eyes and looked at me before jumping up excitedly. "You're woke!" He said happily. "Yea, now get me out of here. Why do I sound like this? Why do I feel weird?" I asked not liking it. "It's the pain killers, they drugged you up so you wouldn't be in pain and I guess there are some side effects." He said smiling.

"Stop staring at me like that!" I said rolling my eyes at his excitement. "I thought you weren't gonna make it, but you did and you're woke." He said smiling. "Well I'm alive and woke so you can stop smiling now." I said before I grabbed my pillow and threw it at Breyana waking her up.

"Baby girl!" She screamed waking Brandon up as she ran and hugged me. I hugged her back, but stopped when she wouldn't let go. "Can you get me out of here?" I asked hating that I'm here. I really hate hospitals, I always have.

" I can't, they want to keep you here for a couple of days to make sure you're fine and healed up properly." She said smiling. "Well can I at least get my pillow back?" I asked making her laugh before going to get it.

"Is he okay?" I asked remembering why I'm in the situation and condition I'm in now. Jayden and Breyana both looked at me quietly making me think the worse. "Yea, not one hair on his head was harmed." Breyana said lowly.

"That's why I want to personally thank you for saving him, if something were to happen to him it would've destroyed not only me but my family." Jayden said looking me in the eyes with sincere, thankfulness, and appreciation. "You don't have to thank me, I'd do it again if I have to. Plus I wasn't thinking of anyone but him and saving his life at the moment.

I got shot in the stomach a couple of times, that didn't kill me. If he were to stand up, it would've went in his head and killed him. He could've gotten hurt or killed and I couldn't let that happen." I said looking Jayden in the eyes with all seriousness.

"You know, you sound like you actually care. I could've sworn you wouldn't jump in front of a bullet for anyone, you wouldn't put your life in danger purposely knowing you could die if you do, purposely. Don't get me wrong, we're all thankful that you saved Kaeden. I just want to know what changed you so much to do so?" Breyana asked as I laid back on my returned pillow.

"Well, I couldn't see myself doing so either. It was a reflex, all I could think about is saving this little cute baby from any bullet." I answered honestly. "I think you found a weakness," Breyana said smiling.

"And I think you've lost your damn mind," I said trying to sit up but instantly felt like the room was moving and fell back down holding my head. "What's wrong with me?" I asked still holding my head as I squeezed my eyes shut. "The doctor said you'd be dizzy and light headed once you woke up, because you lost a lot of blood." Jayden said staring at me with the same amazement.

I tried not to look at him because of the look. I hate being here, I hate the looks people give each other when one survives, I just hate the whole hospital experience. "Well now that you're woke, alive, and okay I'm going home to get in the shower and get some rest. I'll be back later on." Breyana said before hugging me.

"Don't leave me here with him!" I whispered in her ear as we hugged. "It'll be fine, just talk to him. He was worried sick about you." She whispered back before pulling away from the hug.

I watched as Breyana and Brandon walked out the door leaving me here with starstruck over here. "Jasmine," he said before I stopped him. "Just because I told you my name doesn't mean you can start calling me it." I said not liking that he's calling me by my name.

He was quiet for a second as he looked down, then he looked back up at me. "Baby girl I just want to talk to you about something." He said seriously.

"Spill it," I said knowing what he's about to say. "Baby girl I care about you, ...a lot and-" I stopped him right there not wanting to lead him on. "Jayden there can never be an us, and I just want you to know that so you don't get your hopes up." I said realizing what I've been doing to him and myself for the past months.

"What?" He asked taken back a little. "There can't and won't ever be an us Jayden." I said repeating myself and making it clear to him. "Why? I thought we were moving past the never loving anyone thing." He said sounding down.

"Jayden you have to understand, at the end of the day it's me and it will always be just me." I said staring him in his eyes. He shook his head as if he understands. "Okay, I get it. I guess to make your life easier, I'll stay out of it." He said before standing up and walking out of the room.

I let him go knowing it's for the best. If it ever comes down to it, I will always save myself before anyone else. But just being around Breyana and Jayden makes me feel like I wouldn't be able to just leave them to die just to save myself. I have to learn to be without them and be the old baby girl.