Chapter 6

Breyana's POV

I couldn't stop the tears from falling, and I'm not even trying to stop them anymore. I'm just throwing my clothes back in the suitcases they came in.

I just want to go be with Poet, I'm tired of feeling like a downcast. Like I'm not good enough. I don't belong here and I don't feel welcomed. Brandon is nice, but he's barely here. Maria hates me, his girl hates me, and whenever people are here I'm practically looked down on or invisible.

I'm seen as just a child, a child of someone they feel they owe. Brandon doesn't want me here, I'm just here because what my daddy did for him and he feels like he owe my dad. I'm not someone you take in and take care of because I'm not his or anybody else's charity case.

At least with Poet, I feel normal and welcomed. As I thought, she was worried sick about me up until I called her today. I realized how less they think of me. They look at me as if I'm less than anyone else they know.

They probably would show more respect to a prostitute, because at least she's taking care of herself and making money. I am not going to live off of someone, and be a freeloader.

I haven't depended on anyone like my dad told me not to, and I won't start depending on anyone like I've found myself doing to Brandon.

Maria walked into my room and sat on my bed. Well she walked into one of Brandon's rooms and sat on his bed. "You're probably happy that I'm leaving huh?" I asked as I continued to pack.

"Actually no, it's sad to see you go so soon. I was starting to like you, especially out of all the people Brandon knows. I like you the most out of all of them." She said shocking me almost. "Wow, for a minute there I thought you didn't like me at all." I said as I continued to pack.

"Don't go Breyana, you're all that I have to look forward to. You would think I would look forward to the money, but no, I was going to quit before you came along.

I know I came off a little mean, but I thought you were just one of those people who try to use Brandon for his money. But ever since you proved me wrong, I've been looking forward to seeing your face, but you always stay hidden." She said making me look back at her.

"I don't mean to, I'm just use to people not liking me. So I just stay away from them to avoid conflict." I said stopping and looking at her. "Tell me why are you leaving? Because the truth is as soon as you leave, I'll be leaving too. That'll only hurt Brandon in the long run. He's been so nice, but I can't take it anymore.

I can't work like this, I'm always alone in here. But you keep me company just by you being here. Brandon has been so nice to you, why are you leaving him to be all alone? He sees something in you, and not just fulfilling what he feels he owes your father. I know this trust me, he told me. And it's weird because he never stared at a girl how he stares at you, not even Erykah, his girlfriend. Maybe age is just a number, but he's trying to make himself see otherwise." She said making me feel bad now.

"The truth is, I don't belong here. I feel like I don't belong here and everybody looks down on me like I'm some kid or like I don't even exist. Like I don't belong, Brandon is probably the only one who does care. But I feel like he cares only because he has to, only because he sees this as paying my dad back or helping my dad out like my dad helped him." I said wiping my face.

She walked over to me and sat next to me before hugging me. "You're letting all the fancy things, and all the serious glares get to you. You'll find out that it's normal, but if you stay and really get to know everyone they'll grow on you as much as you'll grow on them.

They'll smile more and treat you like you're family, Like you're one of them. Trust me, they were the same way with me when I first came. They just need to know they can trust you, that's all." She said smiling.

I gave her a small smile, then she got up and walked to the door. "Just remember what I said in case you do choose to stay." She said before walking away.

She left me with a lot to think about now. It's like she dropped a bomb on me.