Chapter 7

Maria in MM ⬆⬆⬆

Maria's POV

Young girls are so naive. All you have to do is tell them what they want to hear and they spill everything you want to hear. That's all I did to that Breyana girl, she just saved me my job and my good money. She think I don't see the way she stare at Brandon. Girl please, a blind person could see that you have a little high school crush on Brandon.

She must be a fool if she thought that I would leave a hundred grand a week, if she leaves. The truth is if she left I would've been leaving too. Not because I wanted to or because I am lonely, but because I would've been fired left high and dry.

To make sure she told me everything, I went back twenty minutes later to check on her, and she told me something about a Poet that she miss. I don't know if she's just inaccurate and means a poem she miss or if she was crazy enough to name a pet Poet.

Silly either way, but at least I know and I can keep my job. I even found out a little something to keep my job regardless. If the girl stay, I stay. If she's happy, Brandon's happy. If I keep her close, she's keeping me my job.

If Brandon ever feels like he wants to let me go because he doesn't need me, he won't because I'll be this little girl's best friend, and she'll beg him to let me stay and he'll eventually let me stay. All I have to do is keep this little brat close to me, or get close to her and boom, I'll be making moneyyyy. Heck who knows, she'll probably get me a raise.

Brandon walked in, and I was standing in the kitchen he came and sat at the bar, I couldn't help but to smile. "You didn't move an inch did you?" He asked staring at me.

"That's where you're wrong, you keep doubting me. I've kept the closest eye on her than anybody. You never gave me a chance to prove it to you.

We've grown to be more than comfortable with each other. All I had to do is ask her what was wrong and she told me everything. Why didn't you just ask her what was wrong? She would've told you." I said sounding like the girls best friend.

"I did, but she kept saying she wanted to leave." He said staring at me. "Oh, I guess you two aren't as close as I thought you were. Well I asked her and you need to make her feel more at home, a home better than she was in before but make her feel comfortable at the same time.

She feels out of place, and she feels like you and everybody else except me treats her like a child and like a job you never was able to finish for her father. She feels like you're only doing this because you feel like you owe her father. She feels like your charity case, and she doesn't like it.

You guys make her feel like she's less than everyone else and than she really is. She said she misses Poet, whatever that is. She said at least when she's with Poet she feels welcomed and normal. She feels like she's cared for and like she's equal as everybody else.

And not because Poet owes her anything or she owes Poet anything, but they're the same. What you say really matters to her, and I guess you calling her a child messed with her head. She practically looks up to you, up until she started thinking you treat her as your job or as repaying a favor." I said looking at him processing and taking everything I say in.

"When did I call her a child?" He asked. "I don't know, maybe yesterday when you were trying to convince Erykah that there was nothing between you and Breyana. When you said she's sixteen so nothing would happen.

What you should've said is that you two don't feel anything towards each other, you just met, or that she's like a sister to you. That way she wouldn't be feeling the way she feels and wouldn't have started thinking of how everyone treats her or how out of place she feels to begin with." I said crossing my arms.

"Right, ...right. Well I'm sorry Maria, I guess I did underestimate you and wrongly accused you. Keep up the good work." Brandon said before getting up and leaving me with a smile on my face.