Chapter 5

Brandon's POV

Riri and I stayed up all night, if you know what I mean. And this morning, she's full of games. She keeps kissing on me and playin. But I'm making her go home, I need to talk to Breyana, she's a little too quiet, and has been since I got home.

Erykah was mad at first, but she eventually left. I walked to Breyana's room, expecting her to still be in bed, but she wasn't. She wasn't in her room at all. I knocked in her bathroom door to see if she was in there but she wasn't. She isn't in her closet.

I walked down stairs even though I was just down there, and there's no way she could have came down without me seeing her. I heard little whispers, and walked into the living room. Nobody, then I looked out at the balcony, and she was sitting on the chair with my house phone.

I opened the door and she looked back at me surprised. "I'm gonna call you back Poet," she said before hanging up not breaking our stare. I sat in the chair next to her after closing the balcony door.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "I was talking to my best friend." She said before looking at me. "Oh, well we need to talk." I said about to make some ground rules.

"I know, I shouldn't come in your room or lay next to you when I can't sleep. Knock before entering, and it's inappropriate doing those things because I'm too young and you have a girlfriend. You're not trying to be hard on me or make too many rules but there's things I need to know that is okay or isn't okay for me to do." She said plainly as if she knew what I was going to say.

"Well yea, how did you know?" I asked. "My dad use to have company over night, when my mom wasn't around. When they would pop up, he would give them the exact same speech." She said looking forward.

"You good? You sound a little...." I said not wanting to say the word. "I'm fine, everything is absolutely fine." She said plainly. I don't know if she's being sarcastic or if she's hiding something.

She got up and walked back into the condo. I don't know what her problem is but I'm about to find out. I walked in also, then closed and locked the balcony door. I walked up to her room where she was sitting on her bed looking down at a picture.

I knocked on the door as I leaned on the doorframe. She looked up at me then back down at the picture before putting it under her pillow. I walked in and sat next to her.

"What's going on? Why are you acting....funny?" I asked staring at her. "I just want to go.....I just want to leave. I want to go to Poet's, I don't want to stay here anymore." She said whining as tears started falling from her eyes.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked now serious. I don't know why she's crying or why she wants to leave. This just popped up out of the blue. She was fine yesterday. "I just want to go, yea I'm going to go." She said getting up from her bed and started packing as she tears kept falling from her eyes.

Is something going on that I didn't know about? I walked out of her room and down to Maria. "Maria, what's going on? What's wrong with Breyana?" I asked sitting at the kitchen bar, that's separates the kitchen and the dinning room.

"I don't know, she hasn't said two words to me since yesterday morning after you left. She's been quiet, and she hasn't done anything." She said stopping and staring at me. "Did she at least talk on the phone?" I asked.

"No, she only waited in her room for you to get home all yesterday. That's all I know." Maria said staring at me. "I asked you to do one thing, and that's keep an eye on her. And you couldn't even do that. Now she's up there crying talking about wanting to go to a friend house.

I don't know what's going on, and I come ask the person who's suppose to be watching her, and she's doesn't know anything. I should fire you for not following directions. If I don't find out what's wrong with her, you're fired. If she so happens to open up to you, consider yourself lucky." I said then walked out the door.

I need a break from this babysitting thing. Maria better get her head screwed on right because I'm ready to fire her.