Chapter 7- Tear-stained Daisies

*Rian's POV*

When Alex got back I decided I would tell him about Cassadee. I thought that getting it off my chest would be the best thing to do. I was about to tell him when he slumped off to his bedroom looking angry.

There goes my first option.

Plan B was to go and find Cassadee. I had missed her so much and I ever time I thought about her, I wondered if she missed me too. My thoughts drifted to a sunny Wednesday morning that we had spent together

"Riiiiaaannnnn......" She called from the front door and I rushed as fast as I could to get there, flinging the door open and greeting her with a kiss. She pulled away slowly as I snaked my arms around her waist. her smile lit up the inside of me.

"Morning Handsome" she cooed and I gave her a peck on the cheek in return.

"What's my beautiful girlfriend doing on my porch?"

"Maybe she was missing her boyfriend and wanted a kiss..." She smiled and our lips collided again.

We spent the whole morning sitting on my porch talking about the future, we were gonna get married on a beach, or maybe a big garden, or a desert and have kids.

The thought of that morning made my mind up. I was going to go and find Cassadee.

I marched out of the bus, coat in hand, but soon returned because I thought that if I was trying to get the girl I needed the appropriate equiptment. I grabbed some scissors and some ribbon and went hunting outside for some flowers, all I could find were some slightly wilted daises. I decided that they would do and that tomorrow I would go looking for some real flowers, to make them looking nicer i tied them with the piece of ribbon from one of Jack's expensive-looking soaps.

Once the flowers had been prepared i set off for Cassadee's van.

I walked faster than normal, my heart leading more than my feet. Hey Monday's bus was the last in the distorted row of buses, and I couldn't help but notice it was the quietest. I stopped nervously at the side of the bus and pondered what i should do next, and after considering my options i decided that the best decision would be to locate her window and go all romeo on her.

It wasn't hard to pick out because a soft, female voice hummed from the right side of the bus. I picked a pebble up from the tarmac and positioned my self to throw it at the small window, but at the last minute considered the fact that the window was glass and that it might break if I tried. So resorted to standing on my very tippy toes and knocking gently on the window.

*Cassadee's POV*

I strummed on the guitar gently and hummed to the tune. The sweet elixir of the music engulfed me in a trance of calm and my voice raised slightly. I still had no words for the melody, but the tune was working perfectly.

As the tune dimmed I heard a shuffle outside and a strange knock came from my window. At first, i put it down to the van next door's partying but when the knocking occurred again I made my way slowly to the window, pulling on the ends of my hair nervously. Lifting the window open, I took a step forward to peer out the window, and what I saw startled me.

"Rian." I whispered, more to myself than anyone else, he was standing there, holding a small bouquet of daisies, peering up at me and looking handsome as ever. The flashbacks of his innocence flooded my mind and all i could remember is what I did to him. I broke his heart, his trust, without him even knowing.

"Cassadee, I brought these for you." He said, standing on his tippy toes to hand them to me, a smile plastered across his face. I looked at them blankly for awhile before extending my hand to take them.

"Rian, I...."

"sssshhh, don't say anything, I love you Cass, and I miss you...." he half-spoke, hope flooding his eyes.

"Rian I can't do this!" I blurted out, unsure on how I felt. His smile faded and his eyes shadowed with sadness. I could feel the tears beginning to run down my cheeks.

"Leave, Rian....go" I sobbed, turning my back and placing my face in my hands.

"No, I wont go! I love you, I'll be back everyday...I will!" I heard his desperate voice cry out, and all i could do was cry and shut my window. I curled up on my bed, hugging the daisies and wishing I hadn't broken his heart.