Chapter 8- The Demon with An Angels Voice.

*Alex's POV*

It was about six o'clock when decided I couldn't put up with any more stench. The time really didn't matter because no matter what time I decided to go and have a shower, my luck would have it exactly the same.

I wondered out of the bus in search for the public showers. The gravel hurt my bare feet, but I was too lazy to carry my clothes and shoes on the way back. I flinched every time I took a step on the spiny tar, trying to keep hold of the colourful language I wanted to use.

The toilets were unisex.

I decided that I would use them anyway because the odds of a fan or whatever catching me in the act were minimal and my feet really hurt.

That was my first mistake.

I opened the door gingerly and peeked in to see if the lights were turned on, but more importantly, if there was anyone in there.

There was no one.

I shuffled into the dimly lit bathroom and found the long, cold room that the showers inhabited. Shivering, I slipped my jeans off followed by the rest of my clothes and ambled into the second shower from the right.

I have decided that 2 is my unlucky number.

I breathed a sigh of relief as the cold water rushed over my body, soon becoming silky and warm as the rickety old geasers heated the liquid. I ran my fingers through my hair, and instantaneously relaxed my shoulders. I stood in the shower for at least twenty minutes before I turned the water off. I stretched my arms slightly before reaching for the door handle but I was interrupted by the sound of the shower room door squeaking open.

My heart stopped.

There was a long silence before whoever it was shuffled some more, making their way to the other side of the room..

Hopefully I could make an escape.

I listened as the person undressed, small tingles ran through my spine at the sound of metal dropping to the floor. I tries to think of anyone who had worn such a thing today, It was not Zack or Jack or Rian because none of them moved as elegantly as this person seemed to. In fact, I didn't know with such smooth footsteps. That narrowed it down to four people.

I listened some more to the soft jingle of metal being placed on the ground.

Then it hit me.

I remembered, this morning when I had seen Tay.

She had chains on her jeans.

Holy Mother of God.

My stomach rose to my throat.

She shuffled into a shower that, luckily was far from mine. I heard the water running heavily, so I decided to make my escape when, all of a sudden,

She started to sing.

She sung from her heart. Singing that beautiful and that pure could only be sung from the heart.

Does this mean that it's over and done with

I was happy for so long

Let's forget that I always forget

And I'd be happy to move on

But this time I'm not over it

I guess you were always

The worst thing about me

Now I can see that you're not the real thing

You keep me running back, running back

This time it's not ending well

And if you want me now

I'll make your life a living hell

She sung, almost inaudible at first, but her voice became so powerful it made my heart shudder and my knees become weak.

I didn't know how this awful, cruel person could have such a beautiful voice.

It made me wonder if she really was awful. I told myself not to be silly and made my escape, picking up my clothes swiftly but dropping my shirt halfway to the door, I turned around and ran back with out looking.

I ran into something solid.

Before I knew it I was on top of the demon with the angel's voice.