Chapter 45- A Girl's Day + Leather Pants

*Jenna's Point of View*

It had been Tay's idea to go shopping this morning, I think Hayley had spoken to her about my state the other night. Although I am glad that Tay had been the one to take me out, we are both equally as unthusiastic about frills and ruffles. She didn't seem to be in that great of a mood either, I think her boyfriend is annoying her. We wonder around the shop, looking at the occasional pair of jeans but nothing really catches our eyes. 

"I think I have more fun shopping at the liquor store." I mutter. She laughs.

"God, tell me about it, I think the girl side of my brain is broken." Tay chuckles, peering at me through the legs of some leather pants. 

"Do you think these are cute?" She asks, sounding confused.

"They're a bit eighties, but I guess they could look different with a nice shirt." I shrug. Tay scrunches up her nose and sticks her tongue.

"They're gross aren't they?"

"Yep." At this point we become hysterical with laughter. We've never realy hung out like this before, but I'm glad I came, Tay is very much on the same page as I am when it comes to both clothes and sense of humour. We spend another ten minutes shopping and come out with a few things, but nothing too spectacular. The cashier looks at us like she knows us, but shakes it off. She must be about fifteen or sixteen, probably seen Tay in a magazine or something. Outside we walk around the cobblestoned path in search of a coffee shop. Instead we find a pub.

"Close enough." Tay shrugs and pushes past two guys and into the building. It's nice and airy, with high tables and bar stools. We sit by the window. We order whilst I trace the dark marble tabletops. It's not a hard descision. Two beers and a bowl of fries. Turns out we have the same passion for tomato sauce. We chat for a while and order another beer each. Then Tay's phone rings and she answers it, mid-laughter.

"Hey Cassadee.....yeah, oh no sorry Jenna's with me....sure thing, we'll be there....cool, can't wait...bye" I listen in on the conversation. Tay gets off the phone and smiles at me.

"Apparently we have an occasion to shop for, Cassadee's organised a girls night. Big news apparently, I guess we have to dress nice then?" She says. I giggle a little at her disappointment. She laughs too.

"We're meeting in the carpark at six-thirty." She continues, taking a large swig of beer halfway through her sentence. I crunch on a few more fries and nod in agreement, wondering what the big news'll be. 

Tay and I shop until two int he afternoon, we do in fact find clothes to wear to tonight's outing. She chats to me about how she met her boyfriend, Dylan, but only briefly and very hesitantly. They must be going through a rough patch or something, but even so she doesn't seem upset, but rather very okay with the whole thing. I like that she doesn't take time to be sympathetic or pityful on anyone, it's a nice change. Finally, someone that's not going to treat me like a sick puppy if I cry or turn up drunk on their doorstep. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Jack since then, although I have avoided anywhere he might be. I can't help but think he's doing the same. Maybe it's for the best.

We get ready together, unpacking all of our purchases. I feel like we're part of a cliche teen movie, and that we're about to sneak out to party full of bad boys and girls in cheerleader outfits. That feeling changes though, when we're all dressed and done up with hair and makeup. I've never felt more like an adult in my life in my black dress and boots. My sun bleached blonde hair is originally down, but Tay decides it'll look better up. She is stunning, her chocolate curls framing her face and emphasising her collar bones, which show under her sheer red shirt. The leather pants, which looked gross on the hanger (but we bought anyway) look great on her. We head out feeling very confident. 

Hayley and Cassadee are waiting for us, looking just as beautiful. I can tell tonight is going to be really good, just what I needed. Hayley looks really cute in a bright pink jumpsuit and Cassadee looking very chic in white trousers and a plunging blue blouse. We greet each other with excited hellos and begin walking down the road and into town.