Chapter 30- Detective J.Barakat

*Jack's POV*

I watch from the small window of our bedroom. He was just standing there, below me, looking sad and angry and in pain at the same time. It was a expression I had never seen on Alex before. He stood slumped against the bus, limp. Arms crossed.

It was cold out there, the dimming light of the cloudy sky cast a blanket of cold over the city. In the open air of the car park, it seemed the cold was lingering purposefully. 

Every now and then, he'd lift his head and his eyes would wonder over to where Tay, Mike, Jordan and a guy I had never seen before. He was tall and lean, blonde hair swooped over his tanned face and his shirt seemed too tight to me, the lines of his body-builder-esque stomch poking through. To me, it looked like his buttons were about to pop from his stomach-boner. I assumed he was Tay's boyfriend, which due to our conversation a few nights ago, meant his name was Dylan Gerard. 

She had her arms around him, laughing at almost everything he appeared to be saying. Is that what girls do? Laugh and act stupid around they're boyfriends? From the little experience I have had in this department, I can say that I don't know. I try to think of members of the female hal of the human race that have boyfriends/husbands. That list pretty much includes.

1) My mum

2) Cassadee

3) Katelyn (Kellin's Wife)

I decided from my list of three, that girls don't normally do the whole giggly thing. That can only mean one thing.

Tay is acting.

And a theory began to form in my mind. I have never heard Tay speak of a guy named Dylan Gerard before exactly three days ago. And now, she can't keep her hands off him. Exactly three days ago, I woke up to a beaten-up Alex, and ever since that day he's been moping around, angry and moody. He hasn't eaten anything but a taco shell since the black eye.

This may just be a freak coincidence. But my detective skills say otherwise. 

Something went down between Tay and Alex. It all makes sense, fits together. But one piece that I'm not sure quite fits in the puzzle is Dylan Gerard. Either that, or I'm still missing alot of puzzle pieces that wil eventually answer my questions. Somehow I'm not sure Alex will give me any clues, that leaves Tay. I would ask Dylan, but that would be weird because I don't know him, and I'm not really sure that he fits into the puzzle yet.

The next morning, when everyone's still sleeping, I get up and have a shower. Breakfast is quick and it doesn't take long to head out in search of Tay. I knock on her door, scrathcing my shoes against the tarmac. She answers.

"Jack. Hi" She greets with a smile. She looks surprised to see me.

"Hey, can I please talk to you?" I say, spotting Jordan listening in behind her.

"Sure."

"Alone?" I request. She steps outside and shuts the door behind her.

"Right. Now, before you begin, would you like to say anything?" She looks confused.

"What the hell are you on about Jack?"

"Oh nothing."

"What would I want to say?"

"I'm the one asking questions here." I snap. She smiles.

"So, do you know why Alex is all beat up?"

"No. Gaskarth is a big boy, he can sort out his own problems. We done?"

"No, we are not done. It just so happens that the day Alex returned home with a black eye is the day your friend, Mr Gerard, came to town."

"Jack, This is not CSI, you are not a detective, and Dylan would never do something like that."

"Really? Because he looks like someone who could throw a punch."

"I bet he could if he wanted to, but that doesn't mean he gave Alex a black eye!" She raised her voice, clearly getting angry. I stayed silent, looked ather for a long time. Her breathing was loud and heavy and she had her arms crossed over her chest.

"Now if you don't mind, Jack, I have a non-abusive boyfriend to get back to!" And with that she stomped back into the bus, slamming the door behind her.

I never said abusive once.