Chapter 33- Dance with me.

*Hayley's POV*

Zack purses his lips as he scans the chessboard, hands on his knees. His feet tap the ground anxiously. This would be one of the many chess games that I would have the victory. His queen is the only piece he can move, and no matter how he does it, I have him cornered and ready to take. He looks up at and I give him an innocent smile, but he sees through it and rolls his eyes. He moves his queen and I swoop in with my bishop and take her. Another victory for me.

"No hard feelings Zachary." I smile. He just rolls his eyes, but soon smiles back at me.

"Next time, I'm deciding the game we play." He says, getting up and heading to the fridge.

"As long as it isn't weight-lifting, I'll win." I mock, he turns around and lifts his eyebrows at me.

"I'd beat you heads-down at poker" He says, pulling two icetea's from the fridge.

"In your dreams Merrick." I retort, signalling for him to throw one to me, it lands with a thud in my hands and I cross my legs on the couch. He sits next to me and takes a large swig from his ice tea whilst I struggle to pop the lid off of mine. He purposely ignores my struggles until I have to ask him to open it for me, and he does so instantaneously with one flick of his thumb.

"Whatever beefcake." I mumble as he chuckles to himself. The radio in the corner of the room begins to play Mr.Brightside by The Killlers, and so naturally I jump it up to turn the volume all the way up and to start dancing. I jump up and down and flick my hair around, a bright orange flash around my head. In the corner of my eye I see Zack laughing at me.

"I don't know why you're laughing, you have to dance with me. You have to." I say, he shakes his head. I pout, pleading for him to get up, but resort to grabbing his hands and attempting to pull him off the couch. He gives in soon, bobbing awkwardly to the beat. He looks embarrassed and slightly out of place, so I grab his hands and move them with mine, moving my body swiftly and smoothly to the music, soon we're turning and bouncing up and down the room to the music, and he's twirling me around and moving with me. I close my eyes, the only things guiding me are the music and Zack's hands, he pulls me around him, bringing me closer every few steps. He spins me around, hugging me close to his chest and back again, and when I open his eyes, he's looking at me, and smiling. When the music dims away I'm pulled against him, my back against his firm chest, the rise and fall of his breathing   pressing against me.

I spin my head around to look up at him, he's looking back down at me, smiling and laughing and having a good time. I laugh back at him, giggling as he spins me away from his chest. He doesn't let go of my hands. I just look into his eyes, their magnificent hazel. He lets go after a few moments, and shoves his hands in his pockets. I hold mine behind my back

"Not a bad dancer, are you Zachary?"

"I could say the same thing for you."