Chapter 20- God, I love you so much

*Rian's POV*

I leant against the locked door, hands in my pockets. The carpark was empty, complete silence. The lights were on in the buses, the lights were on in her bus but there was not a sign of her.

I was frozen and my heart was beginning to fade into a lump of despair and self pity. Was I not enough for her? Is that why she left me, why she told me to leave? Was me standing here, freezing and on the verge of tears not good enough for her?

I almost left my position in pure anger but the small voice inside of me, the small voice crying out from my broken heart reminded me how much I loved her. It kills me inside to think badly of her, to question her, because no matter how broken I am and no matter how much it hurts me to think about her, talk about, remember us, I do and always I love her.

My knees weakened slightly as a breath of icy wind gushed past me and I sat down. The feeling took me back to a completely different emotion. A happy feeling ran through me.

She sat on he windowsill, guitar in hands, strumming gently. I stood there, leaning on the doorframe of the living room, feeling weak at the knees. She was beautiful, her chocolate and butterscotch curls glowing gently in the sunlight, her chestnut brown eyes focusing on her frail fingers plucking the strings.

Even the sound of her humming, the sound of the strings brushing against her fingers made me want to hold her in my arms.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"You know, you look so handsome standing there" She spoke softly, her eyes flickering from me to the spot beside her on the windowsill.

"It's awfully hard to just stand here when such a beautiful woman is complementing a boy like me"

"Get over here" She gestured to sit next her. I made my way there and perched myself next to her, our bodies touching. She sent tingles to course through my body and my heart to kickstart. She looked up into my eyes, a small smile spread across her lips. I cupped her face gently and planted my lips on hers tenderly. Her fingers spread through my hair lightly.

She pulled away smiling.

"God I love you so much"

"The feelings' mutual" I whispered.

The memory faded and I was back in reality, sitting in the cold with a broken heart. I waited for what seemed like hours but with no avail. I was alone in the car park and alone in love.

I was about to pick myself up off the floor and head back to the bus when a figure emerged from one of the buses. It paced the length of the bus a few times before turning in my direction slowly.

The figure stepped slowly and precisely. It was small and dainty and even in the moonlight i new it was her.

She'd come. Cassadee had come.

She'd come for me.

She edged closer and stopped a few metres away from me. I couldn't see her face and the silence told me nothing about how she felt. We stood there looking at each other for what might've been years until she moved froward and sat beside me.

The silence was long and agonising. It felt as thoguh we didn't know each other, as if we were complete strangers. But we weren't, She was no strange to me and I was no stranger to her.

"You came" was all I could barely whisper. She didn't say anything but instead nodded slowly.

"Cass, I didn't mean to hurt you... whatever I did I'm sorry" I pleaded softly, turning my head to look at her. Her beautiful face was still as a tear ran down her cheek. She began to cry softly and all i could do was wrap my arms around her. She sobbed into my chest, her fingers gripping tightly onto my coat. She cried for a long time, and I cried too. I don't know why I cried but it just came, as though crying was a release of how I had been feeling.

"You didn't do anyhing Rian... you were the best thing that ever happened to me, It's my fault... I-I..." She sniffled.

"You didn't do anything Cass..."

"I did...I-I-I cheated on you, I was the one who made the mistake, I should've said-"

"Sssshhh... Cassadee I don't are what you did... I love you no matter what you are the reason I breathe, the reason I live, my one and only and i want to spend the rest of my life with you" I whispered, holding her hands in mine. She looked up at me, her eyes full of confusion.

"But I hurt you..."

"You just fixed my heart... you being here, with me, means everything" I confessed gently and she gave me a weak smile.

"God I love you so much" She whispered and sealed it with a kiss.