Chapter 19- Tingles, Excitement, Nerves, Destiny and Soulmates

*Hayley's POV*

I watched quietly as the clock ticked slowly.

Eleven.

One more hour and I was going to go and meet Zack. I don't now why that made me nervous, but it did. It sure as hell did. I guess it was because I was excited, nerves and excitement are very similar.

Jeremy and Taylor talking and laughing and drinking bourbon and coke. Personally, I'm not big on alcohol but they were so I put up with the smell of alcohol on them most of the time.

"Want one Hayles?" Taylor offered, holding the pottle of bourbon out to me.

"I'm good thanks, slow down on the alcohol I don't want to come back to to passed out druk in a puddle of spew"

"I'm flattered" Jeremy snorted, pouring a glass of just coke to my relief. He didn't drink that much, Taylor was a weird drunk so Jeremy (being alot stronger than the very weedy taylor) tended to stay sober incase he got out of hand.

"Come back? Where are you going?" Taylor hiccuped.

"Out" I snapped smugly, proud of myself that i was bing independent and making friends without the help of the very big-headed  Taylor.

"Out?" Jeremy raised an eyebrow at me and i grinned.

"Yes, out. Zachary and I are going for a walk"

"A walk?" he raised his eyebrow at me once again but a gave him a glare that warned him not to question me. He sipped his coke silently.

"Why don't I believe you?" Taylor smirked, leaning in to look me in the eyes.

"Because youre a dirty-minded partially drunk male" I snapped, pushing his face away. Jeremy snorted a laugh under his breath and smiled at me, I returned the gesture. I checked the clock once again.

Eleven Fifteen.

"I'm going to get changed" I announced and got up from the armchair. Our room was a mess because living in a small space with two sweaty guys isn't exactly the most hygeinic location ever. I think i spent ten minutes scratching in the cupboards to find something I felt like wearing. I settled for a pair of marroon skinnies, a black t-shirt and a black coat. Slipping my toms on, I threw my hair is a messy ponytail and combed my fringe with my fingers.

When I got back into the living room the guys were talking quietly. I stopped dead in my tracks to listen.

"Taylor, do you honestly think Hayley is interested in this guy romantically? Don't be ridiculous, theyre just friends."

"That's what they always say, you know what Hayles is like normally and ever since this Zack guy's come into the picture she's been acting weird. I think she likes him...like likes him"

"I think you're delusional"

"Fine, don't believe me, but I'm telling you she likes him"

"Shut up Taylor"

I decided to make my entrance at that point.

"What are we talking about?" I asked, bounding into the room and plopping myself down in the arm chair.

"Taylor thinks that bourbon and coke is better than red bull and vodka"

"It is too!"

"Is not!" They falsely argued and I couldn't help but smile at how stupid they thought I was. I glanced up at the clock.

Eleven Fourty-five

Ten minutes, only ten minutes.

They sipped their drinks and chatted as I sat, watching the clock tick slowly and thinking about Taylor's accusations.

Boy, was he wrong. Zack and I were friends, and always wil be. e was so shy and reserved i couldnt help but want to be friends with him. He made me feel so real and alive and happy.

Thats what friends are upposed to do.

But now that i think of it. Taylor an Jeremy don't make me feel like that, and they're my friends.

I guess if Zack makes me feel like that, we must have a special friendship. The kind of friendship that makes you feel like a little kid again, playing in the snow and building forts. The excitement, the nerves, the tingles.

We were soulmates, destined to be best friends. I could feel it.