Chapter 15- Introductions and Unexpected Experiences

I pretended I didn't hear the footsteps behind me as Hayley and I walked backstage. As we walked around to the back I saw to of the biggest guys I had ever seen. One was tall and lanky with short, jet black hair. The other was fairer with mousy brown hair gelled into a quiff and a stubly beard.

"Zack this is Taylor and Jeremy, Guys this is my friend Zachary"

"Hey, so this is the oh-so famous new friend Zack" The bearded guy I found out's name was Jeremy said.

"Yup... That's me" I laughed awkwardly.

"Hayley hasn't shut up about since-" Taylor was interrupted by a short elbow from Hayley. Tay,or rolled his eyes and I couldn't help but laugh.

"They're just jealous that I've actually made friends." She mocked.

"We have made friends!, see.. Zack's our friend now" Jeremy taunted and Taylor stuck out his tongue at her.

"No. Zacks my friend and I won't have you steal him" She said playfully, returning the gesture to Taylor.

"Well... I better go now, it'll be our soundcheck soon..." I waved goodbye to the three of them and headed back to where we were sitting.

I heard a loud thud and saw Jack, sprawled across the floor In front of me. I hid behind a black curtain so he wouldn't see me.

"oh Jack..." I muttered to myself, shaking my head and getting ready to jump out at him and ask why he was following me.

That was when a tall girl that looked as though she'd stepped out of a 2001 grunge music video. I saw her stop in front of Jack.

The look he gave her made me smile.

Jack was never really romantically orientated. His love life consisted of checking out girls boobs and repelling them quite successfully. I can't count how many times he's fallen for a girl by just looking at her and blowing it all by saying something stupid like a dick joke or crude humour.

What made me feel weird was how he held himself. Prying himself from the floor, he stood tall, a nice change from his usual slouching. He stepped closer to her, his eyes filled with awe. I couldn't see her face, but I could tell she was flirting with him. The way she took steps forward each time they spoke made me think that this was true love at first site. The kept moving, inching closer and closer until their bodies were pressed up against each other. I thought they were about to kiss when she snapped around, her hair whipping his face. She strutted away, swaying her hips purposely.

Jack stood there, looking like a codfish.

Alex bounded from behind him and they headed towards the stage.

I guess that was my cue to get on stage.