Chapter 28- The Knob

*Alex's POV*

I didn't surprise me that Tay was still lingering around him, only a few days after their drunken spat. Three days, to be exact. And there she was, wrapping her arms around and smothering the arsehat that beat the shit out of me (and almost did the same to her) with kisses. It's like she was thanking him. Thanking him for beating the shit out of me, saying "well done for trying to kill me, and beating up my rescuer too".

And what do I get? A big fat bowl of nothing, sprinkled with I don't need your help and a side serving of piss off.

For a second, she glanced at me icily. I tugged my sleeves over my hands, and threw my hood over my head. The evening air was not nearly as icy as her glares, but it was still cold enough to send shivers through my body. I leant against the bus, crossing my arms. The stance hurt my ribs, but I was sure that with time, the cold would numb the pain. I had a black eye from the fight, and the throbbing of my temples didn't help either. I hadn't had a wink of sleep the last three days. At night, my body ached. The fatigue came hand in hand with loss of appetite. 

The guys hadn't asked about the bruises. Jack looked sad and gave me alot of sympathetic looks, but gathered that I was angry and tired and hungry, and left me alone. Zack had smiled and Rian didn't notice because he was busy telling me about Cassadee.

She was standing around with The Knob (which I've decided is an appropriate name for him), Jordan and Mike. He had an arm around her, she looked up at him alot. Every now and then she would look at me, rub it in a bit more.

Kellin emerged from a van somewhere and lodged himself against the bus beside me.

"Well, you really messed yourself up. I don't know if I'dve stepped in like that. Considering how much shot she gives you..." 

I didn't really register what he said until I thought about it. How'd he know.

"Why does she stay with that Knob?"

"Women are strange things, they too make mistakes."

"Hmph."

"Why do you care, 'Lex?"

"I dunno. I guess I just do, I mean... He did punch me in the face, gave me a right old reason to hate the guy."

"I suppose" He shrugged. One thing I'd always admired about Kellin was how cool he was about everything. He always seemed to have everything under control.

"Do you know, she didn't even say thank you?" I murmered. Kellin looked at his feet for a while, and then looked over at where Tay and The Knob were standing.

"Sometimes people don't need to" He mumbled and strutted away like he'd just given an award-winning speech. I look over at her, she looks back. 

And for once, her eyes are slightly less icy, and slightly more grateful.