Chapter Eight

*NORMAL POV* 

*Nicole*

It was the end of the day. Maths was my last subject. Thank god! I was sat next to Martha we were chit chatting about this party her and Harry were planning for tomorrow night. They invited me and said to look nice, but not slutty like most girls would. I took that as a compliment. The school bell rang signalling the end of the day. I packed away my things and said goodbye to Martha as she went to go meet Harry.

I walked out of the classroom and into the warm breeze of summer. I love this weather. I looked at my feet. My coffee coloured flats clicked across the grey cement of the school. Another pair of shoes accompanied me. White Nike Blazers. Oh Niall.  

"Why are you walking alone?" I tilted my head and saw him towering over me. We had stopped walking now. We were just gazing at each other. 

"I was with Martha but she went to meet Harry." He frowned, 

"And where are you going now?" What was this 20 questions?! 

"To my house?" I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"No. Your coming with me. We have a date, and I'm not letting you go anywhere by yourself, especially with that prick around." The liquid in his eyes started to freeze again to on instinct I nodded.

-Skipping to Niall's apartment-

We walked up the path towards Niall's building, he buzzed himself in and then we walked up to the 4th floor and along the corridor until we came to the door 261. I didn't really like Niall'a neighbourhood, there was people taking drugs and smoking and fighting outside to be honest the whole area scared the crap out of me. We walked into Niall's apartment, it was nothing like the outside, Niall's place was nice and clean.  

"You like my place, huh?" He was smirking at me from the kitchen, I was still standing next to the door. 

"Yeah it's nice." I smiled. 

"You do know you can come in, make yourself comfortable." Ok, why is he being so nice? I walked over to the sofa and perched on the end. Niall came into the living area and turned the TV on. 

"I'm going to get ready for our date, stay here." He winked and then walked away. Ok stuck up Niall is back.

I looked around Niall's apartment, there was pictures in frames of Niall and others. I looked at them more closely and saw a picture with Niall, Liam, Zayn, Louis and Harry on a party boat. In another had Martha and Harry kissing with Niall pretending to vomit behind them. On the far corner of the bookshelf was a dusty old picture. I cleaned it and looked closely. It was a picture of Niall and his mother and father and in front of Niall was a little girl no older than 8. She was beautiful.

A loud throaty cough tore me from the photo. 

"What are you doing?" Oh shit, busted! 

"Oh, um...I was looking at your photos." He slowly walked over to me. He looked at the photo I had dusted off and his gaze shifted from me to the photo. 

"Who are they?" Niall turned to me again and took in a deep breath. 

"It's a story for another time. Now lets get to our date." He wrapped him arm around my waist comfortingly an lead me out of his apartment.