Chapter 23

--- Tim's POV---

She was out.

And I mean out.

“Alfred,” I walked around the back of the couch and got close enough to see her chest rising and falling regularly. “Who’s Jason and have you done this before? You know,” I motioned to the unconscious girl. “Knocked her out previously?”

“On one occasion I believe.” He said plainly, getting to work on removing the glass she had stepped on. “Does it bother you, sir?”

“No, I mean yes… It’s fine.” I sat down on a recliner that faced the TV and away from Katrina. “Who’s Jason?”

“He was the second Robin.” He sounded the slightest bit heart-broken when he spoke. Alfred cared for all of us, all of the bat family; I guess it makes since that some of it would hurt.

“The one Joker killed?” I frowned at Kat’s peaceful face. “Did he used to knock her out as well?”

“Katrina never met Jason,” Alfred shook his head and momentarily stopped his work to look at me. “Bruce had forbidden it.”

“Didn’t he live here though? How did he keep him a secret from her?”

“There are many ways around this house that don’t involve the obvious hallways and doors, Master Drake.” He smirked at me and finished dressing Kat’s foot.

“Of course there are,” I snorted and turned on the TV.

Flipping through the many channels didn’t help to do anything than wind me up about what was going to happen if Bruce got home early. Glancing at a clock, it revealed that it was only seven thirty; thirty more minutes at the latest and Bruce would be home. Alfred kept working on treating the cut flesh before wrapping it up like he did her right foot.

“She’ll wake soon enough and want to take off for wherever it is she’s living now,” Alfred sighed, standing with all of the medical supplies. “Try to deter her from leaving as long as you can.”

“She won’t stay if she knows Bruce is coming; which she does.”

“Did you tell him you brought her here?” Alfred raised a questioning eyebrow at me; I shook my head. “Then he’s not in any particular hurry. He’s having a meeting with a reporter today, I think his name’s Kent.”

“I wonder how that’s going,” I grinned to myself. Bruce and Clark were probably just playing ‘catch-up’ and trying to determine who won this month’s title of ‘my life sucks more.’

“Ug,” Kat moaned, turning in her sleep before starting to wake up.

“You’re supposed to stay out longer than that,” I frowned at her, however she decided to smirk.

“Double the dosage next time Bird Boy.” She sat up and stretched a bit before sending me a questioning glance. “Who’s Kent?”

“Clark Kent? He’s a reporter for some newspaper in Metropolis.” I went back to flipping through channels and she just looked at me.

“Okay, that’s almost not a total lie,” Kat yawned. “Who’s he to Bruce Wayne?”

“A good friend.”

Kat and I flinched at the deep voice from the doorway. She cursed under her breath and I turned to see both Bruce and Clark come in and take off their coats; they were soaked from the rain.

--- Kat’s POV ---

I cursed myself for not leaving sooner. Looking down I saw that Alfred had put one of my huge grey t-shirts on over my outfit from last night, so at least he wouldn’t immediately notice I was the one that helped Two Face last night.