Chapter 5

Double update for not posting last Tuesday!

🎶🎶 = Play Music

Chapter 5

"Don't throw it to the McCall's.. Only me." Jackson told the team softly, looking to Scott and I as we got ready for the game.

I growled in anger, and Scott shook his head, sitting down to finish getting himself ready.

I shrugged on my shoulder pads over my gray t-shirt, and worked on strapping them when Stiles stopped his walking to find us.

I gave him a look, "You gonna try to convince us not to play?" I asked, sitting down to pull on my cleats.

He sighed, "I just hope you two know what you're doing." He said.

Scott sighed, "If I don't play, I lose first line and Allison."

"Wha-Allison's not going anywhere! And it's one game that you really don't need to play!" Stiles exclaimed.

"I wanna play!" Scott said, "I wanna be on the team and I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi-freaking normal life. Do you get that?" Scott asked.

Stiles sighed, shaking his head, "Yeah, I get it."

I laced up my second clear, pulling it on and tying it as Stiles plopped down beside me, "Just try not to worry while you two are out there, okay? Or get too angry?"

I nodded, not bothering to look up, "We got it."

"Or stressed."

"We got it." Scott said this time.

"Don't think about Allison being in the stands. Or that her fathers trying to kill you.. Or that Derek's trying to kill you. Or the girl he killed. Or that you two might kill someone."

"If a hunter doesn't kill you first.. I'm sorry, I'll stop." He muttered, looking away from Scott and I's withering stares.

"Good luck." He said.

I nodded, pulling on my gloves, "I think that's he best thing you've said so far, Stiles."

**

Scott, Stiles, and I made our way onto the field, waving at our mom and Stiles' dad, and Allison as we arrived.

"Scott!" Lydia chirped, pulling him closer to her by his jersey, making Stiles and I gape at her, "I just want you to know one thing for tonight."

"Uh, wi-winning isn't everything?.." He trailed off.

She chuckled, brushing the wrinkles out of his jersey, flirtatiously grabbing his bicep, "Nobody likes a loser." She said, abruptly turning on her heel and bouncing away.

Just as we went to catch up to the team, Jackson stopped beside me, his eyes raking up and down my body, making him lean in close to me, his lips barely brushing against the skin of my ear, "I didn't think I'd ever say this, but..." He paused, his warm breath tickling my ear, "You look good in a lacrosse uniform, McCall, but you'd look better in just the jersey."