Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I walked towards Scott, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder as he breathed in panicked breaths. I rubbed his back softly, and he leaned his head on my shoulder, groaning.

"Call the cops." Jackson demanded.

Stiles shook his head, "No."

"No? Wha-what do you mean 'no'?!" Jackson scoffed.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "I mean no. You wanna hear it in Spanish? No." He said, a Spanish accent on his word, "Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know why he's armed with."

"Your dad is armed with the entire Sheriffs department." Jackson yelled, "Call him!"

"I'm calling." Lydia huffed, walking forward.

Stiles jumped forward, "No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec-" Jackson stepped in front of him, shoving him back.

Scott and I stomped forward, "Hey." Scott stopped Jackson, pulling Stiles back.

We sent him warning looks as Lydia talked to the police.

"Hi, we're in Beacon Hills High School. We're trapped and we need to-" Lydia cut herself off, shaking her head, "but-" Lydia gave her phone a cold look as she pulled it from her face, "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asked incredulously.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be pano calls about a break in to the high school. She said if we call again they're gonna trace it and have me arrested." Lydia rambled.

"Okay, then call again!" Allison stressed.

Stiles shook his head, "No, they won't trace a cell. Okay, they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

Allison shook her head, running her fingers through her hair, "What the-what-wh-what is this? Why does Derek want to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?!"

Everyone went silent and Scott met my eyes before we looked to see everyone staring at us, looking like they were waiting for something.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Scott asked.

"Is he the one that sent her the text?" Lydia asked.

"No!" Scott said, "I-I mean,
I- I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?" Allison asked.

"I don't know!" Scott yelled.

Allison gave him a hurt look, and I rubbed my face as I pulled Scott away from them.

"Alright, how about we just back off the throttle, yeah?" Stiles asked, pulling Scott and I back.  

Stiles grabbed my shoulder, his voice hushed, "Okay, first off, throwing Derek under the bus, nicely done." He told me, his eye twitching.

I pushed my hair from my face, shaking my head, "They were closing in on Scott! I mean, we had to say something, right?"

"And if he's dead it doesn't matter, right?" Scott asked quickly, looking in between Stiles and I.

"Except if he's not-" My eyes widened, "Oh my God! Stiles, what-what of he's not dead and I just totally made the one person who knows what's going on with us a fugitive?!" I cried softly, "I'm so dead."