Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"So what about this one?" I asked curiously, pulling a dark red dress to my body.

Allison shook her head, pursing her lips, "Too dark."

I nodded, grabbing a yellow puffy dress, "Hm?"

I heard Lydia gag from behind me as she walked from her dressing room, "I hope you're joking." She laughed.

I laughed nervously, putting the dress back, "Of course I am; that was an ugly dress anyway.." I trailed off, giving Allison a wide-eyed look.

She giggled into her palm as she covered her mouth, both of us watching as Stiles trailed behind Lydia like a stray puppy, dozens of dresses lining his arms. I watched as Lydia suddenly stopped, turning her had towards one of the racks beside her, her hand suddenly lunging forward, grabbing a royal blue, silk dress.

She sauntered over to me, "Try this on." She ordered.

"Are you sure it's the right size-" I started.

"Honey, I'm pretty sure I know what can and can't fit; you and I seem to be the same size, maybe, so just try the dress on." She sighed, crossing her arms.

I nodded, "Um, okay.." I swallowed the lump in my throat, walking into my dressing room and closing the door behind me.

I quickly stripped of my clothes, tugging the blue dress on. I gulped as I stated at my reflection in the mirror of the dressing room. The dress was beautiful, it really was, but it seemed to fit my form a little too much.

"Well?" Lydia called, "Is it too small or what?"

"Lydia!" Allison hissed.

"What?" Lydia asked, "Allison, come on, lighten up."

I cleared my throat, "It's, uh, it's a little tight."

"It's supposed to be." Lydia huffed, "Now, hurry up and show us so I can finish getting my things."

I breathed out nervously, slowly slipping from the dressing room, tucking my brown hair behind my ear as I waited for everyone's comments.

Stiles looked up from his phone, and his eyes widened, "Whoa." He breathed.

Lydia pursed her lips, "I knew it'd work." She said.

I looked to Allison, and saw she had a wide grin stretching her face, "It's perfect." She nodded, "That's the one."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "It feels like it too much. Will it go with the theme?"

"Of course it will." Lydia scoffed, "It's a blue dress that ties in with the color of winter, and since Beacon Hills weather is always the same, it'll be warm enough to wear the dress by itself, and cold enough for your date to offer you his jacket."

"You're taking Isaac, right?" Allison asked.

"Who?" Lydia asked, her face showing clear confusion.

"My boyfriend." I told her, "And yes, Isaac and I are going to the dance together."

Lydia nodded silently, abruptly walking away from me. Stiles gave me a thumbs up as he stood, shoving his phone in his pocket to be able to lift all of Lydia dresses.

"You look great, Katherine." He grinned, "See you tonight." He said, following after Lydia, "Wait, is this a 24-hour Macy's?" He called to Lydia.

" He said, following after Lydia, "Wait, is this a 24-hour Macy's?" He called to Lydia