Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I bit my lip nervously as Stiles, Scott, and I split from each other in the school hall; me, going to find Isaac, and Stiles and Scott going to the boy's locker room. I hadn't spoken to Isaac, nor have I seen him since the night he asked me to the winter formal.

I scanned the decently crowded hallway, brown eyes flickering over the hundreds of students that struggled to get to their classes, and out of the many kids around me, a familiar mop of curly hair stuck out the most, and a bright grin brightened my face.

"Isaac!" I called as I approached him.

His head turned to me, and his bright eyes widened before he abruptly shut his locker, walking in the opposite direction. My grin faltered as I chased after him, trying not to upset anyone as I softly pushed past them to get to Isaac.

We broke through a set of heavy, metal doors, and I was able to grab his arm to stop him from running. I smiled at him as he turned around.

"If I didn't know any better, is say you were avoiding me

"If I didn't know any better, is say you were avoiding me." I teased, nudging him.

"I-" Isaac shook his head, bringing his hands together to pick at his cuticles, his blue eyes leaving mine as he avoided my gaze.

That's when I took the time to notice the bruises scattering his neck; some were darker than others, and my chest tightened painfully as my eyes looked to his arms where his sweater sleeves ran up, showing me more darker bruises contrasting against his once clear skin.

It was like someone had spilt black and purple ink on a clean sheet of paper, and let it sink into the fibers of that paper, staining it and letting it mold until it looked painfully obvious that the colors were not meant to correspond with one another.

"Oh my God." I breathed, grabbing his arms softly, "Isaac, what happened?" I whispered.

Isaac shook his head, "I fell down the stairs

Isaac shook his head, "I fell down the stairs." He mumbled.

I can't believe this. It's his dad, isn't it?

I shook my head, scanning the hallway before I guided Isaac behind me, into the girls bathroom. He flushed a brilliant shade of crimson as I locked the door behind me-after making sure there weren't any girls in the stalls.