Chapter 22

Finally!! So freaking sorry for the lack of updates!

I just pushed this book to the side and focused on one book, and I've also had school... And softball.

I have softball almost six days a week, so I end up having lots of homework I have to work on when my games run late.

But I'm back, and I will try my best to start updating this book regularly again! And your comments only fuel my fire to write this book, so don't stop now!

Chapter 22

"State, state, state, state!" The team chanted, slamming their hands on my shoulders and back in victorious waves of excitement.

I couldn't help but panic as I tore my helmet from my head, sticking close to Scott as we tried to find Stiles in the large, overwhelming crowd.

"Stiles? Stiles!" Scott yelled.

The boys around us continued to cheer as they pushed and shoved us towards the locker room.

"Stiles! Stiles? Has anyone seen Stiles?" Scott yelled, looking through the crowd of sweaty boys, "Stiles!"

I shook my head as I tried to find our friend in the crowded hall, "Stiles! Have any of you seen Stiles?" I called to the boys.

I grunted as I turned around, feeling an elbow dig into my back as someone shoved me from behind. I went tumbling forward and into a broad back, and I quickly turned around.

"Sorry! Sorry, I wasn't looking and I was just shoved-"

"Hey, hey. Katherine, it's okay." Isaac laughed softly, "You can bump into me any day.. I'd probably thank you for it." He mumbled to himself, his cheeks turning pink when he realized he had said that aloud.

I laughed, nudging him, "You did great out there." I told him, raising my voice over the excited yells of the team.

Isaac's eyes widened, "Me? I was put in at the two minute mark of the fourth quarter." He said in embarrassment, "And that was only because Greenberg threw up and couldn't play. If anything, you and Scott did great; you two took us to state."

I smiled up at Isaac, feeling my own cheeks flare, "Thanks, but this is a team sport, Isaac. Every person counts." I told him, pushing myself into my tip toes to kiss his cheek, his curly hair tickling my face as he leaned down to run his nose against mine affectionately.

I giggled at the feeling, looking up at him with a smile as he leaned down to kiss me. I closed my eyes, going to meet him halfway.

"State, state, state, state!" Jessie interrupted us, stepping in between Isaac and I to yell in our faces.

I saw Isaac's eyes narrow at Jessie, and he stepped away and around him before coming over to me. He grabbed my hand, pulling me down the hall and away from Scott. I turned my head, seeing my brother watching me leave as he talked to Allison, his brown eyes lightened as he looked to the Argent.

"I, um, I had something I wanted to ask you." Isaac admitted nervously, his hands tensing as they held mine, his blue eyes not lifting to meet my gaze.

I swallowed thickly, a sense of dreadful rejection already seeping it's way into my heart. I didn't think it would happen so soon. I thought I was a good girlfriend; I mean, I really tried to be-

"-and I thought I could take you." Isaac breathed out, finally meeting my eyes.