Chapter 23

So sorry for how late this is!

It took forever to get this up and ready, but here it is; don't forget to be active and enjoy!!

Chapter 23

I yawned tiredly as I changed my clothes to a fresh pair; my hair still wet from my recent shower. I rubbed my bleary eyes as my phone rang, Stiles' name floating across the screen.

I flipped my phone open, holding the speaker to my ear, "Hey, Stiles, what's up? What could have possibly changed in the short time of two hours since we last spoke."

I held my phone in the crook of my shoulder as I threw my dirty clothes into my hamper, waiting for Stiles to speak.

"Stiles?" I wondered, slowly pulling my phone away to check to see if he was still on the line, "Hey, Stiles, you okay?" I asked in concern.

"Can you, uh,"  he cleared his throat, "Katherine, can you come over?"

I quickly nodded, grabbing my sneakers, "Of course, are you okay?"

"Not really."

As I hung up on Stiles, I walked out of my room and downstairs, bumping into Allison on my way out of the door.

"Oh, hey, Allison!" I chirped, slipping past her.

"Hey..."

I stopped as I reached for the front door handle, slowly turning to see her entering Scott's room, "Wait.. Allison?" I asked.

"Not really."

I shook off Allison's arrival quickly making my way to Scott's bicycle, hopping on it and pedaling to Stiles' house.

**

"Stiles?" I called softly, walking into his house, "Hey, you here?"

I made my way further into his house, closing the door behind me as I walked down a short hall to get to Stiles' room. I didn't bother knocking, walking straight into his room.

"Stiles?" I asked"Hello.."

I sat my bag in his desk chair as I walked to his bed, sitting beside him

I laid my hand on his back, rubbing it comfortingly as he held his head in his hands. He breathed in deeply, slowly lifting his head to meet my gaze, his eyes dark and sad. He suddenly pushed himself forward, locking his arms around my waist, and laying his head on my chest.

I froze for a moment before sliding my arms around him, rubbing his back again, "What's wrong?"

"I'm an awful son. Like, extremely and irrevocably awful." He sighed.