Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Scott and I made no sound as we walked down the stairs, following the faint metallic smell as we got to the bottom of the staircase. We lifted our heads to the air slightly, and I caught the smell again, leading Scott to the gym.

The two of us slowly walked to the gym floor, looking around the main part of the gymnasium, not seeing anything. We turned back around, catching the scent again. As we walked, we found ourselves walking under the bleachers.

We both stopped to turn back slightly, making sure no one, or thing, was following us.

I think I'm gonna pee myself. Thank God Scott's here or else I'd probably run away screaming.

We continued walking, and I grabbed onto the bleacher support beams as we stepped over the metal poles. The two of us stopped, and I swear I could smell the blood like it was right-

I flinched as something fell on my cheek. I looked to Scott and he touched my cheek, pulling his hand back to show me what had fallen on it.

Blood.

I gulped, slowly looking up to see where the blood had came from. I cried out, and Scott lunged towards me, pushing his hand over my mouth as I looked at the janitors mauled body hanging above us.

"Shh, shh, shh." Scott hushed me.

The cocktail felt heavy in my hands as Scott pulled away from me, climbing up a neighboring beam as he spotted the man's keys.

I chewed on my nails as Scott leaned across the beams, stretching his fingers out as he tried to reach the keys. A loud clanking noise sounded, followed by a mechanical whirring, making my eyes widened.

The bleachers were closing. (A/N: You thought it was gonna be grievers, didn't you? ;) )

I looked to Scott, and his eyes widened as he struggled to reach forward even more, his fingertips bushing against the metal keys. I moved to be in front of Scott as he finally got the keys. He jumped down, and pushed me forward to run as the bleachers closed on us.

I threw myself through the small opening, rolling over to slide onto my toes, the cocktail still safely held in my hands, Scott panting beside me. I froze when I heard a familiar low growling, and I slowly stood to my feet, feeling angrier as I stared at the alpha.

"Come on." Scott whispered angrily, "Come and get us."

As the alpha began running, I grunted, throwing the cocktail towards the alpha, hitting its shoulder.

I waited for the cocktail to ignite, and imagine my surprise when it didn't.

"Oh my God." I whispered, "Jackson gave us the wrong chemical. He did this on purpose."

The alpha shook it's head at us, continuing its trek forward.

"Damn it." Scott whispered, turning to run.

I cried out as the alpha grabbed my leg, pulling me down the gym floor, "Scott!"

Scott turned towards me, and his eyes widened as the alpha pulled him back beside me, pushing both of his clawed paws onto our faces. The alpha growled in our faces, and I let out scared grunts as he pulled his head back, lifting his snout to the air.