Chapter 27

I can't get any gifs up for a little while, so I made one of those little thingies to put in the chapter

I tried. 😂

Chapter 27

"Thanks, Mom." I told her, giving her a soft smile as I walked into the formal alone.

"You have your phone, right?" Mom called from her car.

I looked back, "Don't worry, Scott and Stiles have theirs. I promise I'll call you if I need anything." I told her.

She gave me a sympathetic smile, "Have fun, Katherine." She said, throwing her car in reverse, leaving the dance.

I nodded to myself, "I will." I whispered, slowly approaching the school, "I will not worry about Isaac, I won't cry because he stood me up, and I most certainly will not go into that dance." I suddenly stopped, turning around to leave.

"Katherine?"

I turned towards the school doors, seeing Stiles standing in his formal wear in front of me, "Oh! Um, hey, Stiles.." I laughed nervously.

He jumped down the stairs, jogging over to me, "Where's Isaac?" He wondered.

I suddenly grew a lump in my throat, struggling to clear it as I gestured behind me, "Oh, he's just, um, y'know, uh..." I shook my head.

"He didn't pick you up, did he?" Stiles whispered, his face falling.

I quickly jumped to Isaac's defense, "I'm sure something came up, y'know? A lot of people don't have time for a lot of things-what're you doing?" I asked him as he tugged me to his Jeep.

"I'm giving you the entrance you deserve." He grinned, helping me into the passenger side of his Jeep, closing the door to jog over to the driver's side, hopping in.

"Now what?" I asked, beginning to smile at his antics.

He acted as though he was turning his Jeep off, quickly exiting his Jeep to run over to my side, opening my door dramatically. I watched him cluelessly as he reached his hand out for me. I suddenly realized what he was doing, and I smiled brightly at his idea, grabbing his hand tightly as I jumped from his Jeep.

He dropped my hand, holding his arm out to me, "You ready to make a model entrance?"

"Do I look okay?" I asked him, nervously sweeping my hair over my shoulders.

Stiles looked to me, his eyebrows furrowing as he stared at me, "You have this one hair..." He plucked a stray hair from the top of my head, smoothing out my pinned back curls, "There, you look great!"

I nodded, "All right. Let's do this." I breathed, looping my arm with his as he escorted me into the dance.

I laughed as he tripped to open the front door for me, waving me into the school before scrambling back to my side, looping our arms together.

"You want something to drink?" Stiles yelled, the music booming in the gym.

I nodded, "Sure, where should I go?"