Chapter 17

That video above is not mine; I just thought it was cool.

Chapter 17

"I don't think this is a good idea." I said, "We really shouldn't be out this late at night."

As we walked along the rocky path, I slipped on one of the boulders we were climbing over, and Scott quickly grabbed my arm to steady me. I pushed the hair that had fallen from my ponytail out of my eyes, giving Scott an annoyed shake of my head.

I do not hike.

Scott looked towards where Stiles was walking with a new sense of determination, his large backpack not stopping him.

"Where are we going?" Scott asked.

"You'll see." Stiles simply stated, not looking back at us.

"Dude, Katherine's right, we seriously shouldn't be out here." Scott told him.

"I'm always right." I told him, my eyebrows knitted together, "It's kind of a given now, don't you think?"

"Our mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school." He continued.

"Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me." Stiles said, shaking his head distastefully.

"I didn't know we were having a competition." I told him, trying to keep up with both his and Scott's long strides.

"Can you at least tell us what we're doing out here?" Scott pleaded.

"Yes," Stiles said, pushing past tree branches and bushes, finally getting to a rocky clearing, "when your best friend gets dumped-"

"I didn't get dumped!" Scott quickly intervened, "We're taking a break." He mumbled.

I placed my hand on Scott's back, giving him a sympathetic look as I gave his back a pat.

"Alright, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break..." Stiles stopped, abruptly turning around, pulling out a large Jack Daniels bottle, "You get your best friend drunk." He grinned.

My eyes widened, and I shook my head, "What? We're not twenty-one yet!" I cried, "This is illegal." I whisper yelled, "And irresponsible."

"Katherine, I love you, I really do," Stiles said, "but seriously, shut up." He shook his head, turning back around to lead us to a place to hang out.

I rolled my eyes, "But it's almost a full moon." I whispered.

Scott slung his arm around my shoulder, "We'll be fine. I won't let anything happen to us."

**

"Dude, she's just-she's just one girl... One girl. You know? There are so many-so many other girls in the sea." Stiles slurred drunkenly, nuzzling himself deeper into my lap, holding my hand.

"You're such a nice person, Katherine, y'know? You're-you're like really pre-tty and-and, like, you're just-you are just such a good person and I really like to lay on your lap because you think my hair is weird and you like to touch it and I just...." He shrugged, drunk giggles leaving him, "Wha-what was I talking about?" He snorted.

"Fish in the sea." Scott decided to correct him.

"Fish? Why're you talking about fish?" Stiles slurred, "I was talking about girls.." He sighed, "I love girls. I love 'em."

I traced his buzzed hair, finding the feeling of it oddly satisfying against my fingertips.

"Especially ones with strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, five foot three.." Stiles hummed.