Chapter 24

I got detention yesterday. 😂😂

It wasn't a big deal; I just didn't bring my math book to class for the third time this month and she wrote me up so... 👌🏻

Enjoy my pain, and this chapter.

Chapter 24

I yawned loudly as my arm was shaken, I opened my bleary eyes to see Scott and I's hands locked together as he stumbled off the examining table in Deaton's animal clinic.

"Welcome back the land of the conscious." Deaton told him, rushing to help Scott as he stumbled on his feet, "You doing okay?" He chuckled.

Scott looked to me, and I smiled reassuringly as Deaton followed my brothers gaze, "She's been here all night." He told Scott.

I smiled again, guiding Scott back to the medical examiner table behind him, "You should probably sit down, Scott."

Scott winced, his hand going to rest above his bandaged side, seeing the bloodstain standing out against the white like a red rose amongst a bush of white ones. Our heads found their way to the front entrance as the front door's bells jingled.

"Hello?" Deaton called.

The door jingled again to signal that the door had closed, the person's breathing being the only thing to let Scott and I know that he or she was still here. I took a scared step forward, Scott's hands lunging to grab Deaton and I's wrists. I squeezed Scott's hand as Deaton walked ahead of me, approaching whoever had entered the clinic.

"I'm sorry but we're--" Deaton stumbled over his words, disappearing from my sight, "we're closed." He finished.

I caught a smell of who it was, and I quickly stumbled back to Scott, fear moving through my every limb as I listened to Deaton.

"Hi there." Peter greeted, "I'm here to pick up."

I swallowed thickly, Scott and I both sharing worried looks. He moved closer to me, and I shifted closer to him as we heard Peter converse with Deaton.

What the hell is he doing here?

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton replied.

Scott quietly pulled me over to the corner of the clinic, both of us huddling in the deep corner of the room as a way to firmly distance ourselves from the psychotic and obsessive alpha.

"This one wondered in on its own.. It's little companion managed to stumble in here too." Peter hummed.

Scott and I slowly slid down the wall, trying our hardest to be as quiet as possible as we tried to conceal ourselves from the alpha.

"Even if they did I'm afraid I can't help you--we're closed." Deaton reminded him sternly.

Just go away. I pleaded.

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time.." Peter trailed off, "Don't you?" He more then threateningly spoke.