chapter 28

Penelope's (P.O.V.)

I woke up with Derek's arms wrapped around me securely, the babies didn't wake us up that much. They had minor fusses and went back to bed after being cradled. I heard the baby monitor going off, I pushed and yanked out of Derek's embrace. He finally let go, I jumped off the bed and ran into the room, all of them were awake and crying, "DEREK WAKE UP", I grabbed the two boys and walked into me and Derek's bedroom. "Derek baby help", he woke up, "what is it", "go grab Mariam and get her to stop crying while I get these two to stop crying", "okay on it meet you on the couch", "ok". I walked downstairs and sat down on the couch, I lifted my shirt above my head and undid my bra. I began to breastfeed Jamie and Steven, Derek came down the stairs holding a calm baby Mariam. Jamie fell asleep after a couple of minutes, "Derek take Jamie and put him in his baby seat", "okay", he took Jamie and gave me Mariam, Steven fell asleep too, Derek took him and sat him in his baby seat. I began to breastfeed Mariam, after awhile she stop drinking, she let go and looked at me with those beautiful eyes, she began to giggle, "awe she has your giggle", Derek says amazed. "Yeah she does and can you hold her for a second", "yeah sure", he took Mariam, I reattached my bra and pulled my shirt back on. The boys woke up and didn't cry, I sat on the floor with my legs crossed, I sat the boys on my legs when Mariam started to throw a fit. "Oh I think someone needs a change", "yeah I can smell it, can you change her I can't move I have the boys", "of course" and with that Derek grabbed a diaper and sat down on the floor next to me. He started to change her and she threw a bigger fit, she stopped crying when he finished, I began to smell some awful smell, I looked down to see Jamie and Steven smiling, "really that's just mean", "what is it", "these two little monsters just crapped and started grinning", "who's grin do they have", "well Jamie has yours but Stevie has mine", "that's cute and I can tell Jamie is gonna be a stud", Derek I can't change two babies at once can you help", "yeah", he sat Mariam in her seat. I handed him Jamie and began to change Steven. I undid his onesie, I took off his diaper and wiped his butt, I cleaned him all up and put another diaper on him. I fixed his onesie and sat him in his seat, I grabbed all the dirty diapers and threw them away, i went back into the living room and sat down on the floor again, I grabbed Mariam and Steven. I sat them back on my legs, I was playing with Mariam's cute little curls when Steven grabbed her and hugged her. "Awe", I tapped Stevens nose and he looked at me with such adoration, he grabbed my finger in his small hands. My phone started buzzing, "dang I don't want to talk to anyone right now", "go get the phone I'll watch the babies", I handed Derek Mariam. I tried to give Steve to Derek but he began to fuss, "I'll keep him", I jumped softly and grabbed my phone, I answered.

"Hello" I say.

"Hey kitten" I hear Rossi reply with.

"Oh hey Rossi what's up", I ask.

"Oh nothing I just wanted to see how y'all are doing" he say sweetly.

"We're fine and if you want to come over later to see your grandkids" I say cheerfully.

"Oh yeah sure wait grandkids you mean god kids" he assures me.

"Oh yeah God kid, sorry you have always been a dad to me and it's like your my babies grandfather" I say.

"Well I'll take either roll as long as I'm still family" he says shyly.

"Awe Davie I love you" I say.

"I love you too kitten, got to go bye" he says intrigued.

"Are you coming over later" I ask.

"Yes now got to go" he says.

"Bye" I say.

"Bye" he says and hangs up.

I sat my phone down and went back into the living room. "Ok Derek nap time", "but I don't wanna", "not you the babies", "oh yeah let's get them to bed". I walked into the babies room with Derek right behind me and I laid Steven in his crib. I kissed Steve's cheek and kissed Mariam and Jamie's when they were situated. Derek and I walked out and I said "oh don't forget Dave's coming over later to see the kids", "oh ok", "want to watch a movie", "sure". We both curled up together and ended up watching lion king.