Chapter 10.1

"This is so really cool!" chirped Stef when she came over that evening two days later, "Devon is chasing you! Like can you imagine how many girls are literally dying to be in your place right now?"

"And I'm dying to be in their places," I drawled,"They are so lucky that Devon doesn't bother them."

Stef rolled her eyes. "Honestly speaking, you should dump Luke and go on a date with Devon."

"I can't believe you're even saying this, Stef!" I said, shocked, "Have you forgotten he called you and the boys insulting names like 'lame', 'gullible', 'dull creatures'. He was so damn rude to you guys for no reason at all!"

"Dude, can't you see?" asked Stef in utter amusement. "Devon is madly jealous of the three of us! Infact Josh was even saying that he feels so good living with the fact that Devon is jealous of him," she laughed.

"There's nothing like that."

"Ofcourse, there is! Devon is jealous of me and the boys because we are your best friends and the closest to you. Infact, I feel that Devon envies even the air that touches you! He seems to be that passionate about you."

"You can stop right there," I said, narrowing my eyes on her.

"I'm not joking. I've been noticing since the last two days how violently jealous and irked Devon gets seeing you with Luke in school. As a matter of fact, I've never ever seen Luke this envious."

"That's because Luke is perfectly secure. I'm so glad he doesn't feels insecure in our relationship," I said in admiration.

"No, dude, whatever you say, jealously is a very important part of liking someone. It goes on to show how much your everything means to them," said Stef, "But then again, extreme insecurities is hazardous."

"Does Adam feel jealous for you or vice versa?" I asked teasingly.

Stef's cheeks grew crimson at once. There was this blushing smile on her face that made me giggle.

"Hey, I-I guess Devon is quite lazy at tying his shoe laces. Have you noticed how his shoe laces are undone most of the times?" Stef asked.

I did notice but I wasn't gonna admit that to her.

"So the next time Devon calls me lame, I am gonna caution him to tie his shoe laces properly. Okay, now if you'll excuse me, I intend to rob some of your Ferroro Rocher chocolates."

Instagram: rashmita_b