Chapter 6.

I was sat in an empty classroom studying for an upcoming AP Biology test when---

"Last night I had a dream."

That sudden interruption caught me off guard and I looked sideways to see Devon entering with a smirk plastered on his face and eyes glittering with mischief while the door swung close behind him.

Ugh.

I honestly felt at that point as though the world had chosen me to bear all the sufferings on behalf of the entire humankind.

Peace was one thing that had brutally vanished from my life ever since Devon came. And it just got worse with every passing day. He followed me wherever I went, irritating every nerve that constituted my existence.

"I'm studying for a very important exam. So kindly empty your shitty mouth elsewhere," I told him.

"Oh, I see," he said thoughtfully," Anyways, let me tell you about my dream."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and frustration. Argg!!

"Relax, you weren't your stubborn and incorrigible self in my dream but smart and sensible for a change," he drawled.

What the actual fuck?

"How dare you have the audacity to call me an incorrigible??" I retorted, giving him a pointed look.

"Good that you're aware of what that word means. I honestly thought that quarterback arse has sucked all your senses to fill some of it in his empty head," Devon said callously.

I felt anger climbing up my spine with rapid speed. "I know much better words than this," I said in a sickly sweet voice, "Infact I know the perfect words to describe you. A Blithering Shrimp, that's what you are"

"Could have done better. After all, you've twenty six alphabets at your service," he said with a lopsided smile.

"The human race will be depressed if they come to know that you're thriving amidst them. It's not too late to lock yourself in a coffin forever," I said crisply.

"I love it when you try to insult me so bad because I don't feel insulted," he said huskily.

I got so pissed that I just didn't know when I flung the pen in my hand towards him with full force. Devon caught it mid-air before it could smack his face.

"You lose your temper way too quickly," he said calmly with a smirk, "Let me get your mood right by telling you about my dream."

Devon came nearer and began to bend closer and closer to me while I pressed my back against the chair. He began to speak in a low husky voice when our faces were inches apart.

"We were out in the woods holding hands and when night came, we set up a tent and were sitting around a bonfire."

I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. "What a coincidence! I saw the same dream too. Did you see the part where a wild animal came from nowhere and ruined your face with its sharp claws and I was cheering out loud for the creature? "

Devon smiled a bit as our gazes clashed. "Nope. I saw the part where you took me inside the tent and kissed every wounded spot on my face, including my lips."

"You're sick," I spat in anger, shoving him away.

His eyes suddenly turned intense as they bore harder into mine."Nope you're," he said, "Because you just can't see how much I want you."

I just walked out of there. More than being frustrated with him, I was frustrated with myself for listening to his trash.

I was walking through the coridoors on my way to the football field when I saw a group of girls coming from the opposite direction. They were talking excitedly among each other about something. Some were even hyperventilating and possessed dreamy eyes.