Chapter 39.

Instagram: rashmita_b

Devon and I were out in the woods to spend time with each other. The weather was a pleasant one. The woods on the outskirts of Crawford Lane had become our favorite hangout spot ever since we got together since it was surrounded by the serene and beautiful nature with plenty of privacy. We walked on the carpet of lush green grass, surrounded by tall majestic trees and bushes topped with stunning daffodils. The fine smooth leaves brushed against our arms as we made our way through the branches of trees that hung extended in our path.

Devon had his hands stuffed inside his jacket pockets while mine moved animatedly as I told him everything about the amazing drama class I had in school that day. I felt incredibly happy when I made Devon smile, happier when I made him laugh wholeheartedly.

And he looked so breathtaking when he laughed and smiled, so unreal as though he belonged to some other world that was magical....

We talked so much, we laughed so much and had a great time. It was wonderful that we were being like other couples of our age. I was glad we were able to have such moments where our lives felt so sorted....

We finally reached an open space where a stunning turquoise-blue river was swerving its way through the rocks and dense foliage of the woods.

We stood facing each other as the delightful breeze caused my curls to sweep across my face. Our eyes locked with a burning need for each other. My skin melted in arousal at his touch when he held my face while my hands went to the sides of his torso as we kissed. The heat of his mouth was inebriating as he caressed my lips ever so passionately that it made my skin tingle in pleasure. I moaned against his rugged breaths as he sucked my lower lip before his eager tongue rolled into my mouth causing a sinful havoc within me...

Sensing my wobbly feet, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pressed myself further to him. Devon groaned as my soft breasts flattened against his hard torso and I flushed at the fiery sensation. I stifled my whimpers of delight as he explored deeper into my mouth. My breaths quivered under his intensity when his tongue became all the more erotic....

I was left lovesick and in a daze by the time he left my lips. There was no wind in me. Yet a moan escaped me when he ran his thumb over my swollen wet lips.

"You forgot to tell me one thing, Eleanor," Devon spoke, his tone hoarse after the kiss.

"What?" I looked at him in surprise.

There was an eerie chill in the breeze.

"You lied to me that your mum is alive and is on a business tour with your father in Europe. But the truth is you had killed your mother long back. She died while giving birth to you."

My body ran cold hearing that. I paled in the face seeing his features turn frosty and bitter with hatred for me. I felt my breaths cripple and my feet on the verge of collapsing not finding myself anymore in his eyes....

"Devon, I-I---"

"I thought that you've a happy family. I thought that you have had an amazing childhood but the truth is that you're broken, you have a lot of baggage just like me. And that's why we can never be happy together. I'm done with you, Eleanor, because you're not normal. You have repeated nightmares almost everyday. I will find a girl who has no insecurities and is happy. So don't show me your face ever again, Sanchez."

Tears streamed down my eyes as every word of his stabbed my breaths fatally.

"Devon, please-please don't go," I cried, begging him to stay. "I'm not broken...we can be happy....I can't live without you...don't go! Please...!"