Chapter 24.1.

"What's wrong with Josh today? He's been sulking like this since morning!" commented Adam when the four of us were sitting in the cafeteria during break with Josh looking being cranky.

I giggled. "Do I tell them?"

"Go ahead. As if I care," said Josh grumpily.

"Last night, at the party," I began, "while both of you were so much into each other—" Stef and Adam blushed at that "---Josh went after Kelly so many times but she didn't give him a damn."

"Get a break, Josh," said Adam, shaking his head.

Josh frowned. "I'm gonna get myself two more burgers and doughnuts because food would understand what I'm going through better than you guys." And off he went.

I started to laugh but stopped midway seeing Stef getting all pissed at something.

"I can't take this shit any longer!!" she spat. "How can Josh possibly be so fucked up in the head to obsess about Kelly?!! It's high time he know what a horrible horrible monster she is."

Stef clenched her fists harshly and I knew what she was talking about. She was about to rise from her seat but I caught her hand and stopped her.

"Stef, please," I said, nodding my head for a 'No'. Adam looked grim.

"Fine." Stef took a deep breath and slumped back into her seat. "I know I don't have any right to control anyone's life. Thanks Adam for bearing with me."

"Oh no, you're absolutely amazing!" Adam told her.

Stef smiled brightly at him. And both of them got into their cute lovable talks. I looked on at them in utter amazement. They were so happy with each other and I always felt incredibly happy that they are together.

****

I was in the Chemistry lab alone stood at one of the long tables with the apparatuses lined up neatly in front of me when suddenly I felt a hard torso colliding against my back causing a gasp to jump out of my mouth...

I felt a pair of hands snaking around my waist from behind as rugged breaths burned the skin of my neck...

I already knew who it was....My heart was racing insanely.

"Devon!" I rasped through my unsteady breaths knowing that his face was in my hair....

"True that," I felt his hot mouth in my ear as he whispered huskily. It was obvious he was smirking. He placed a wet kiss behind my ear which got me almost moaning.

"Leave me..." I trailed off, my voice cracking as he shoved my tresses to a side and deeply kissed my nape. The sensation brought shivers of thrill down my spine. I couldn't believe I was losing to him without a fight.

"I won't," he said absentmindedly as he nuzzled my neck causing my breaths to hitch.

I couldn't help but wriggle in pleasure as he began placing open mouthed kisses on my shoulder leaving the sleeves of my top to hang at the edge....

"You drive me nuts, Eleanor," I heard him groan between kisses.

My eyes flew open wide as I realized what I was letting myself into. No No Noo!!

"Leave, Devon!" I ordered as I turned myself to face him.

The edges of his lips curled into an impish smile when my hazel orbs met his blue ones. He didn't get his hands off my waist.

"No, thanks. I'm good the way I'm right now," he said, tugging me closer to him. That's when I realized my hands were on his chest.

I narrowed my eyes into slits at him. "This is a science lab and I don't want to get into trouble because of you," I said sharply.

"We aren't involved in doing anything wrong. We're into chemistry," winked Devon.

I got so annoyed that I was able to get his hands off me in one hard jolt. "If you think that was a smart reply then you're a damn fool!!" I retorted.

"I know that was silly but I'm a human after all. I do get tired of being smart always," he drawled.

Argg this boy!!

"Just leave, alright!" I said in exasperation.

I saw the lopsided smile in his lips instantly disappear. The mischief is his eyes was gone too and now his orbs resembled dark black coal outlined with a bluish hue....

"Why are you pushing me away?!! Why the fuck can't we be together?!" he demanded impatiently.

"Because I don't like you. It's only in your head that we are together," I said at once, frustrated on myself.

I held back a gasp as Devon leaned closer to me. I was blocked between the table and him.

"Liar, liar Sanchez on fire."

My breaths jumped to my throat at the depth of his voice. Devon leaned all the more closer to me if that were even possible. My heart was banging behind my chest and my spine had turned ice. His hands were on my waist again. Our faces were so close...I didn't know what was to happen...or I knew...I was nervous....I was tempted....I was deranged an--

"PARKER!!!"

That loud piercing voice shredded the sensual silence into pieces. I was jerked to my senses. My eyes widened in horror as, from over Devon's shoulder, I saw an enraged Luke standing at the lab door...