Chapter 45.2.

Devon was sat on the driver's seat of his car in the parking lot with his jaws clenched tightly and gripping the steering wheel hard with one hand. The windows were up. I rolled my eyes in irritation crossing my arms across my chest. No points for guessing, he wasn't gonna make speaking to him easy for me.

I knocked impatiently on the glass of his window. But he continued to look in the front with a poker face, pretending to not have heard the tap on the glass.

"Roll the frickkin' glasses down or step out of the car, Devon! I need to talk to you!" I said scathingly, even though I knew my words couldn't possibly reach his ears. I tapped the glass again, the exasperation building inside me like a volcano ready to erupt.

Devon still didn't turn sideways at me. Instead, he threw open the door of the passenger seat on the other side.

What? He thinks he can get me to sit in his car with this silent game of his? No fucking ways!

I crossed over to the other side of the car and bent down to poke my frowning face into the car through the open passenger door. Devon still didn't look my way. Darn!

"I won't get in your car if that's what you want! I will say whatever I have to say to you standing like this and you will listen to me dammit!" I said coldly, matching his stubbornness.

As I began to rant, Devon calmly reached out for the glove compartment, took his ear phones out and nonchalantly plugged them into his ears,

My jaw dropped. This boy is unbelievable! If I didn't give in to his demands, we'd be stuck right here for forever and he'd be least bothered about it.

I got in the passenger seat, banging the door shut as a means to release my accumulated frustration.

"I hate you, Devon. I fucking hate you," I said bitterly.

"The Sun rose in the sky, the moon fell off the sky, we became a couple, we kissed so many times. And yet you didn't get any creative with your 'I hate you' statements. Long time, no progress," Devon taunted me with a drawl.

That was the fucking limit!!

"Did you really have to be so nasty with my friends?!!" I yelled at him, "Agreed that you don't like them but that doesn't mean you get to make a public drama out of their personal lives! Now the whole school would speculate whatever crap they want to about them especially because you, the most popular guy in campus, instigated the whole thing!!"

"Sounds terrific to me," said Devon callously without looking at me.

My hands balled into tight fists at that. "What are you trying to prove, Devon? What the hell do you want?!!"

"I want you, baby," he said matter-of-factly. "And the fact that you had just walked away from me pissed me off completely."

"And the fact that you had been ignoring me since morning, what about that, Devon?!" I shot back.

No answer. He just sat with an impassive look plastered on his face.

I inhaled a deep breath as I spoke, "Look, I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but you have hurt me a lot by being so cruel to Stef and Adam..." I said, my voice cracking. "They have always been so nice to you despite your appalling attitude. Infact, they are the ones who made me believe that you are the best guy any girl could ever be with and that I was lucky that you liked me. And this is how you bloody treat them in return?!!!"

I wasn't done yet. I went on in extreme agony, "Guess you will never understand how much they mean to me inspite of me having told you every detail of what they had done for me in the past. You don't care about anybody! You don't care about me! All you care about is you and your callous attitude. My best friends are in a lot of pain because of you and I fucking hate you for that, Devon!!"