Chapter 46.1.

As decided earlier, I went to the mall with Katherine the following day to shop for the upcoming prom night in school. We visited a lot stores, trying out everything that caught my likeness until I finally found the one that was gonna be my outfit for the dance. It was a tiered ruffle dress, a maroon colored strapless gown.

"You look ethereal, honey," said Katherine in enthusiasm as I stepped out of the changing room wearing that gown made of taffeta fabric to show it to her.

"Thank you," I smiled at her.

I also bought a beautiful pair of silver pumps followed by accessories. Katherine was actually fun to be with as we hopped from one store to another. She even raved to the sales assistants about the prices of a couple of stuff that she found to be high. I found her over the top nature too adorable which made me laugh.

After we were done with shopping, we sat at a table in the food court with pizzas and coke.

"Okay, I have booked you for manicure, pedicure, waxing and hair styling," she said, putting her phone down. "Long story short, you've got a long day at the parlour before you go for the dance with Devon."

I giggled. "Why don't you accompany Stef and me to the parlor? It'll be fun doing things together," I said, meaning it.

"Really? Aww, that's so sweet of you! But nah! you girls have fun," she said, "Thank you so much, Eleanor, for asking me to come with you for shopping today. You really made my day."

"Not at all. I honestly had a good time with you today," I nodded, taking a bit of the pizza.

"That feels so good to hear! Eleanor....I'm sorry for that day....It wasn't right of me to tell you all those things about family and bonding. It was desperate of me. I'm no one to expect so much from you, especially when it's been just days since we met. Can you please forget about all that?"

"No problem. So...you have been an American living in Scotland?" I asked. "Only if you want to talk about it should you proceed," I added, remembering that she was divorced.

Katherine didn't seem to mind. But she looked sad when she spoke, "I had fallen in love with a British and moved to England with him after our marriage. I was clear I didn't want to have children not even an adoption. And he supported me with in that decision. I was immensely grateful for that. But as years passed by, one thing after the other went wrong with us and we didn't love each other anymore. He even began to pressurize me for a baby which added to my stress. Ultimately it became too much for me to take and I left him."

Katherine paused before she continued further, "I divorced him. Then moved to Scotland and started working as an interior designer."

"I'm sorry to hear that...." I said dolefully, reaching out to her hand that was on the table.

"No, it's alright," she smiled, assuring me, "Have been living alone all these years until your father came into my life and I've never experienced love before the way I do with him."

"But you still don't like children, do you?"

"I know what you're thinking," she said, chuckling slightly, "But I really like you and I'm grateful that Eron has got me over to meet you."

We conversed some more. She talked about her life in Scotland while I told her about my school and friends. It was afternoon when we got back home.

I was going upstairs to my room when Katherine called me from behind.

She looked hesitant as she spoke, "Eleanor, now that you know about my past, I hope you will not judge me based on it....Like I hope you don't think I will leave your father too..."