Chapter 31.

Instagram: rashmita_b

"Stef, it's okay! You can honestly relax," I told her over phone.

"It's not okay! Josh cannot be beating me the 'Burger Gobbling Competition'. He can in no ways eat more free food that me! He cheated, I'm telling you. I don't know how but somehow he did," she cribbed.

I sighed.

"You know what, don't give him any Ferrero Rocher for a couple of weeks. Tell him you gave all of it to me. That will be the best revenge ever!"

I laughed since I could literally picture her beaming on the other side.

"By the way, last weekend was too much fun! Devon was so sweet and quiet. Like one could really mistake him to be a very shy guy!"

I giggled. Stef, Adam, Devon and I had gone for dinner. Devon was literally struggling to watch his words and be polite so much so that it came across as super comical. Let me make this clear. If this guy can go without being blunt for one hour, then it is really, really something huge.

"I still can't believe Devon actually agreed for this double date thing," I mused. "He is a very private person."

"Devon agreed only and only because he knew it would make you happy! And the way he always looks at you is so intense and passionate like he worships you! I'm so so so happy that you guys are together now!" gushed Stef.

I knew I was blushing like a silly lovesick girl. But I couldn't help it. Damn.

"Hey, listen," I said grimly when a disturbing thought crossed my mind. "Is everything alright between Adam and you? I think I had felt some kind of a tension between you guys on our double date."

"Oh, it was trivial, really! Adam and I sorted that out!" Stef laughed it off. "Besides, every couple has some stupid issues. It's no big deal really."

"Okay, if you say so."

I then heard Stef's mum calling out to her in the background.

"Gotta go," said my friend. "Have to run some errands. Byee!"

After keeping the phone down, I combed my hair and got dressed to go to my neighbors' to read with Jackson. I couldn't stop grinning to myself because I would be seeing Devon.

The last couple of weeks have been filled with the most amazing days that I've ever lived. At the risk of sounding cheesy, holding hands with Devon and spending time with him was the most magical and unworldly feeling that had ever crossed my heart. Before him, I was broken and after him, I was made. Again. Somewhere between life and dreams, Devon and I had created our own world where only the two of us existed. And it was perfect. Because we had built it with our imperfections.

But at times I felt so high with happiness that I feared my wings getting clipped off. But I wouldn't let my apprehensions touch Devon. Because I noticed changes in him as well. His face glowed like never before. He looked relaxed and at ease these days. He was in a great mood most of the time. The fact that he was still unabashed and blunt was a different story altogether. And I was okay with it. As long as I could make a quick comeback.

When I got next door, I saw Devon in the living room struggling to tie his shoe laces. I watched in amusement as he always ended up making nasty knots. And then the scowl on his face when he literally fought with the laces to disentangle them! But the most horrid business for him was when he got one of his little fingers trapped in the laces and then he was hopping all over the room on one leg trying to free his finger from the web of his laces. That left Devon so royally pissed, I tell you!