Chapter 35.

Instagram: rashmita_b

I secretly trailed Devon to find out where he was heading to. It was a cold wintry night. I followed him closely but made sure I didn't get any nearer to arise suspicion in him. Whenever I felt he would turn around, I was quick to hide myself in the shadows of the night. My heart pounded in uncertainty and turmoil thinking about what he had in mind. As I rounded the corner of the street, my mouth fell open in shock.

Devon was nowhere to be seen.

The road ahead of me was dark and deserted. I looked here, there, everywhere but no sign of Devon.

It looked like he had suddenly disappeared in thin air.

My palms felt cold, my heart racing. I'd lost track of Devon. Where did he go?

Then, as though like a response to my inner thought, I felt firm hands suddenly grab my waist from behind and a split second later, my feet lost ground as I was pushed backwards and pinned to the wall in a manner that made a loud gasp escape my throat.

I was panting for air as I looked into the fiery blue eyes of my sexy captor.

Devon.

"Sanchez is stalking again, isn't she?" I heard his deep baritone voice against my ear.

It took me a while to register his taunting words into my conscience 'cause I was yet to recover from the sudden turn of events.

"How did you even come to know I was following you?" I managed to splutter out, my rigorous breaths intertwining with his rugged ones.

"I fantasise about you so much sweetheart that I just happen to know when you're around," he said desirously while his long seductive fingers leisurely tucked my lose strands behind my ears making me squirm at his touch....

Holding on tightly to my senses, I asked looking sharp in his eye, "Where are you going at this hour of the night?"

The edges of his lips curled into a crooked smile. "Think that I'm cheating on you with someone else?" he snickered. "You tempt me in so many ways baby that I can't think of any other girl, " he softly nipped my lower lip causing my flesh to burn in arousal....

"I know for a fact that you will never cheat on me. There's something entirely different that's going on here, "I said, looking him square in the eye.

"You're wasting time. Your friend is waiting for you," he said with expressions difficult to decipher.

"If you're sure you're not hiding, why don't you let me see where you're going?" I asked him in a challenging tone.

Our gazes clashed. He tried to intimidate me but I was stubborn too. My eyes burned as I continued staring into his heated irises but I won't give up.

"You should leave, Eleanor," he said, his voice bearing a firm edge.

"I won't, Devon," I refused flatly. "There is something going on. I can feel it. I don't know for how long I've been unaware of what you've been doing but I need to know now."

I looked at him gravely making it clear to him that he couldn't seduce me into forgetting everything as he thinks.

"Fine," he admitted quietly as he stepped back from me.

Devon walked alongside me with steeled expressions. He was making it absolutely evident that he just didn't wanted to show me what he was about to show me.

I was left at a loss for words when we were stood outside a Mr. Miller's garage who was also a resident of Crawford Lane. He lives four lanes away from ours. But why were we there? I couldn't understand.