Chapter 11.

"Why do I have a feeling that you guys want to speak about something?" Josh narrowed his eyes down to Stef and Adam when they missed hitting the ball for the umpteenth time.

The four of us were at the sports club playing table tennis doubles. Josh and Adam versus Stef and me. And I completely agreed with Josh. I too could sense something wrong with Stef and Adam. They were being way too weird and clumsy today and were totally distracted from the game.

"C'mon! Spat it out," said Josh impatiently, " 'cause I no longer wish to be a part of such a pathetic table tennis match."

"If there's something that's bothering you guys, you can always tell us," I said solemnly.

"Actually we-we---" Adam stammered, visibly embarrassed.

Stef, looking shy herself, blurted out. "Adam and I are boyfriend-girlfriend now."

That was such a pleasant surprise!!

"Wow! This is such an amazing news!" I smiled widely, "I can't tell you how happy I am for both of ya!"

I jogged upto them and hugged them tight.

"Been waiting for this since so long!" I said, brimming with excitement, "You guys make such a great pair! When did this happen?"

"Last night," said Adam awkwardly, running a hand through his hair, "It was a mutual decision. But we didn't know how to break it to you guys."

"Yeah, it felt weird actually," added Stef, smiling nervously.

"There's nothing to worry about! All's great, right Josh?" I asked, turning behind to look at him.

"Yes-Yes, ofcourse!" Josh, who had been silent all this while, responded. "This is super cool. Congrats, dudes!"

For some reason, I felt like Josh wasn't that happy with the news. "Since we've got a couple in our midst, it calls for a celebration!" he said cheerfully.

Instagram: rashmita_b