1st

1

To start the third semester of this school year, here's a brief summary of what to expect: new friends, new professors, and new stupidity from yours truly.

I hadn't felt that there were major changes about me. I started college and now was a certified college student, but I feel like I was still stuck in high school.

There's not in a hurry to mature. I know there is a process that I should undergo just a cocoon developing into a butterfly.

According to our Human Behavior subject, it takes times for a person to change. I had compared this process into the stage that a butterfly needs to undergo before it matures completely and be the version of itself that everyone is looking forward to see.

Some of my classmates in this university were acting like a real lady, grown-ups, well maybe others have already accepted that they are all grown-ups.

Mayroon namang iba na magsisimula pa lang mag form into a butterfly. I was one of them. So, I don't have to pressure myself. No to peer pressure. I just have to be me all the time.

We were in third year college, taking BS Accountancy with my friend Angel. Some of our friends back in high school are going to a different university.

Mara was sent to study abroad.

Ike chose to pursue her college degree in their province.

Those guy friends that we have were also going into a different university. Simon and Jeff had been accepted as scholars because they were both athletes, varsity players that love to play basketball.

Despite the changes that had been occurring around me, I was still Leslie. I liked the same guy from high school. His name was Harvey Luciano. The feelings I had for him led me into this university.

He goes here, I go here. Wherever he goes, I will follow.

Simple ang mangyayari. Mag-aaral ako. Makikita ko siya. May inspirasyon araw-araw. Pinilit ko lang talaga si Angel na sumama sa'kin, maganda rin kasi ang Accountancy sa school na 'to kaya approved sa parents ko. Hindi nila alam ang hidden agenda kung bakit ko sinubukan ipasa ang entrance exam ng university na ito.

In this university, we didn't have to wear school uniforms unlike the other colleges. We were only required to wear corporate or business attire if we were enrolled in a subject that was related to business.

You would get to know me as this story unfolded. Leslie Benitez was my name, and at the age of seventeen I consider myself as young.

I am infatuated with someone who has already a girlfriend.

[Nasaan ka na kasi? Malalate na tayo sa first subject!]

I called Angel to ask about her whereabouts. She kept on saying that she was on her way but it already had been an hour and she was not still here.

I had been teasing him about his suitor. Nagkaroon lang ng manliligaw naging madalas ang pagharap sa salamin.

Sa ikinabuti ng bansa, naka get over na rin siya kay Simon na hanggang ngayon naman inaantay pa rin ang pagbalik ni Mara sa Pilipinas. Wala ngang may alam kung sa pagbalik niya may dapat pang antayin si Simon, wala kasi silang communication. Things between Mara and Simon were a bit complicated and I don't want to talk about it. They had their own story to tell.

[Hawak mo na naman ba ang schedule ni Harvs?]

She asked. Angel knew that my mood will eventually change when Harvey was the topic of every discussion.