47th

47

Angelo Gabriel

I was awakened by a bad dream, that Leslie left me. She was with a new man and that guy was Harvey. Hell, of all the guys in this entire world it was him who appeared in my dream. It was him to take away Leslie from me.

I remained laying on my bed, "Hell" I murmured. "Ba't gano'n?" I asked myself.

It was probably midnight, and I want to talk to her. I want to check if it was just a dream or it happened in reality that seem so unacceptable for me.

Someone is trying to open my locked door by now. I heard a clicking sound behind the door. "Mom?" I asked loudly enough for her to hear me.

"Meow. Hahaha. Kuya, we're home. Hanap ka ni Gia"

Great. They were here. They came from a friend's party. Is it usual for them to come home this late?

"Bawal pumasok!" I shouted.

I was not wearing a thing. I just have this thick blanket covering half of my body. That is Angelo, I sleep comfortably when I wear nothing. I am used to that.

She laughed. "I know. Good night nalang daw, Kuya, she meant good morning. See you later at breakfast"

"Sure" I answered in return.

Will I bother Leslie if I text her this late? Stop it, Angelo. You overthink things, kid. Go to sleep. Someone in my mind said.

Love never says 'I have done enough'. That was just a nightmare. She will never get tired of me. I will never get tired of talking to her. I love her every day.

Harvey settled down with Cheska and they have a kid. A bond between them would not be broken.

A nightmare, Gio. Now you need to sleep.

-

I have a picture of her in my mind. Whenever I was daydreaming, Leslie was the first one who will appear in my mind.

I can still remember the day when I came home like a kid jumping in joy.

'Mom!'

I was shouting all over the house.

'Mom. I need to tell you something!'

She came out of nowhere, 'What is it, kuya?'

I exhaled.  'I know the name of the girl I want to marry' I hurriedly told her like there was no tomorrow left and as if those were my last words on  Earth.

She smiled. 'Pinagpalit mo na talaga ako? Oh, ano ba ang pangalan ng soon to be daughter-in-law ko?'

'She is Leslie. She is loud. Really loud'

I described her the way I have seen her so many times passing by me and during the enrollment for the next semester. 'But she has a genuine smile and eyes that you would really admire'

The first thing I admire about girls is their eyes. I love to sketch someone's eye for no reason.

My mom patted my head, 'Masusunog na 'yung niluluto ko. Huwag mo muna pakasalan, Kuya. Go tell your dad about her'

-

From: Leslie💙
Yuck. Ano ba 'yan! Ang pangit ng panaginip mo. Bakit naman si Havey pa? Sana si Jeff Chan nalang. Hahahaha. Sorry late response. I love you too everyday, tigerbels. Joke lang. Baka mahimatay ka sa kilig. Kakain lang ako.