Part 16

The next morning I wake up after having no more nightmares. I groan and roll over to turn off my alarm. I rub a hand over my face. That was one weird nightmare. I get up and ready for school, before heading downstairs and into the kitchen.

"How are you this morning?" My dad asks, looking at me over the newspaper.

"Fine, I'm just tired." I reply.

"Maybe you should stay home, just until we know what was wrong with you." My mom says concerned.

"I'm fine; there is nothing wrong with me." I insist.

"OK, well, be careful, and call us if you feel even remotely ill." My mom says putting a plate of eggs in front of me.

"I will." I promise them. We eat in silence until we hear a knock.

"I'll get it." I say getting up and walking towards the front door. I open it and see no one. I roll my eyes and look out into the front yard. There's no one in sight. I must be hearing things. I go to walk back in, but stop when I see a box sitting on the top step. I look at it confused. I walk up to it bend down to read the label on top.

Trixie Richardson

That's it, nothing else.

"Mom, Dad you haven't gotten me a surprise present, have you?" I call back into the house.

"No. Why?" My dad asks. I pick the box up warily and walk back into the house, closing the door behind me. I walk into the kitchen and put the box onto the table.

"I found this outside with my name on it." I tell them. They raise their eyebrows.

"Go on then, open it." My dad says excitedly. I go and grab a pair of scissors before coming back to the table. I sniff the air to see if I can get anything from the scent, but all I can smell is my parents (not that they're smelly) and the smell of the house. I look up at the clock and see that I have 3 minutes until Tamara comes to pick me up. I cut the tape on the top and open the box. The inside is filled with tissue paper. I was about to pull the tissue paper back to see what the box held when there was another knock on the door. Thinking it may be another box or the person; I run to the door and throw it open. Tamara stares back at me.

"Whoa, where's the fire." She asks.

"Oh, it's you." I say disappointed.

"Well, Hola, it's nice to see you too." She says sarcastically.

"Sorry, I got a parcel today and didn't know who it was from. I thought that the person had come back." I explained.

"Oh, what was it?" She asks.

"I don't know, I was just opening it, when you knocked."

"OK, what are you waiting for? Let's see what it is." She says walking into the house around me. I laugh and close the door. I walk into the kitchen with Tamara following me.

"Hi, Tamara, how are you today?" My mom asks when she sees her.

"I'm good, thanks for asking Mrs Richardson." She replies giving me a pointed look. I roll my eyes.

"Please, call me Mary." My mom replies smiling. I walk to the table and to the box. Tamara comes and stands beside me. I pull back the tissue paper.

"What the..."

Here you go! Sorry it's so short! I started off with this part thinking it will be when she goes back to school, and have the knocker be Tamara, but when I got there my fingers started to type something else. :) hope you liked it!

So what do you think is in the box? (The first person with the right answer will be mentioned in the next part) Even if you have no idea, guess a totally random thing, you never know it may be right (and I would love to read what your silly thoughts ;))

What did you think?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.

CC ;)