Part 32

I ignore the growl and continue, I'm used to hearing growls from animals when I walk by, and they usually let me be. I sigh when I realize I left everything behind; my phone and bag. I sigh, my left side starting to hurt. I bend down slightly and take my heels off. I push the branches out of the way as I continue. I always enjoy walking barefoot through the forest. A twig snaps off to my right, causing me to whip my head around. I'm used to growls but I still get freaked out when twigs snap. I can't see anything, even with my enhanced eyesight. I tell myself to calm down and start back towards home, faster this time. I am a couple of minutes away from home when my path is obstructed. I bite my lip. The figure's outline looks masculine, causing me to exhale, realizing that it's probably Heath.

"You have to realize that Geraldine was trying to cause problems between us." I say, as my eyes adjust. The figure steps closer and I see that it's not Heath. It is in fact the person who I assumed to be the one to run me off the road. He was wearing the same mask. How does he know where to find me?

I stumble back. This feels like déjà vu.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"I thought you would know by now." He says cryptically. His voice is hard and cold. I groan.

"Well, I don't!" I say testily.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I ask taking another step back.

"No. Not now." I bite my lip.

"Was it you who ran me off the road?" I ask. He nods. I go to ask something else when he cocks his head to the side, as if he's listening to something.

"Got to go. See you soon." He tells me, promising. He spins around and runs off. As he disappears in the trees, I see something floating to the ground. It was the same orange flower as the one at Heath's. I walk forwards and pick it up. I brace myself for a vision, but none come. Did he deliberately leave it behind, telling me he was involved? Or was it a sincere accident? I decide to keep it.

*^*^*

I really start to ache as I push the back door open to the house. I throw the spare key onto the counter. I walk through the house, and see that a layer of dust has settled on the surfaces. I furrow my eyebrows - my mother always makes sure that there is no dust. I get to the living room and see 2 cases in the corner, like they just got back from somewhere. I go to the phone and see there are a couple of messages. I play them. They are all from me, explaining where I was. They said they were here and there were no messages. I go to their luggage and see if there are any clues. There were no tags, and the clothes could have been for anywhere. Why are they hiding something, and what is it?

Here it is! Hope you liked it!

What are her parents hiding?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!!

CC ;)