Part 33

I go upstairs, deciding to wait for them in my room. I throw my shoes down and fall back onto my bed. I stare at the flower I picked up from the fleeing man, wishing to get answers for all my questions. I twirl it between my fingers, why does this flower feel so familiar? I'm certain I haven't seen it before tonight; I would remember a flower like this. I try to think if I have seen it in a book, or a photo, but nothing comes to mind. I throw it to the side, giving up. My body is screaming at me to go and get something for the pain, so I oblige and walk to my bathroom and rifle through the cabinets. I take the Advil I find, and look at my reflection in the mirror. The cuts from the crash have healed already. I move my dress down so I can see my ribs; the bruises are just starting to turn yellow, and are covering pretty much my whole side. I sigh and lift my dress back up into place. My arm is stiff, from the fracture having healed. I start to wash my face, knowing I'm not going anywhere else. Once I finish, I walk back into my room and change into my pyjamas. I get under the covers, deciding to watch TV until my parents come home. A sudden dull, aching pain starts to form in my chest. Oh god, am I having a heart attack?  I start to panic before I realise that the pain is from being away from my mate. No pain medication will help that. I turn some random show on, trying to take my mind off it. I don't know how long I can stay away from Heath, if the pain is like this.

*^*^*

At some point I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I know I can hear the door opening downstairs. My mind automatically goes to the man in the balaclava. But then my rational mind takes over, telling me it's just my parents. I call out just in case; a murderer should be smart enough to not reply.

"Mom, Dad?"

"Hi darling, you still awake?" I hear my mom call back. I throw back the covers and walk out of my room.

"Yeah, I was waiting for you." I tell them as I come down the stairs.

"You didn't need to do that." My dad says taking his jacket off.

"I wanted to; I want to know why you lied to me? You weren't here, and don't lie to me again, I saw the bags and heard the messages you said weren't there." I explain to them. They exchange a look. I try to decipher it, and find the meaning, but all I can see is their eyes flickering around and their eyebrows furrowed. My dad's eyes narrow making my mom shake her head. I don't even know who is on my side. Finally they turn back to a confused me.

"Ugh. Before we say..." My mom starts reluctantly. I guess my dad was the one on my side.

"Nothing starting with 'Before we say...' is good." I tell them. My mom shoots me a look, which I get loud and clear: let me finish.

"Before we say, talk to Heath."

"Why? What has Heath got to do with this?"

"Just talk to him, and then come back to us."

"What am I meant to talk to him about? The weather? You could be more specific."

"He'll know. Goodnight." My mom says before walking past me and upstairs, my dad gives me a sympathetic smile before following.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!!

What is going in with her parents, and I Heath involved in it?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)