Part 18

The rest of the day I kept thinking about the letter. What does this mean and why would someone send me it? The bell finally rings for the end of the day, and jump up out of my seat desperate to get home and look at the book.

I race out of the building and into the parking lot. I look around for my car and then remember I came with Tamara. I search for her car and can't find it. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion and get out my phone. I scroll through my contacts until I find 'The awesome tiger' and then click on it and call her. It goes straight to the answer machine.

"I'm sorry that you can't talk to my awesome self right now, but I am either busy or I am avoiding you. You'll know if it's the second one. If I want to I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible if you leave a message after this..." after she says this the beep sounds.

"Forget anyone? Don't worry about it, but you have a lot of making up to do." I say joking. "Call me back when you can." I say ending the call. I sigh and start the to walk towards the woods. I would shift in the woods, but because of Daniel, I can't.

*^*^*

 I finally get home about twenty minutes later and go through the back door.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" I call out.

"In here." My dad calls back from the living room. I drop my bag and enter the living room. My parents are both sat on the couch, my dad with a piece of paper in his hands.

"You're late." My mom says looking up at me.

"Oh, Yeah, Tamara wasn't there when I came out of school, so I walked." I explain.

"Of course, she would have been called back." My dad says.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Did anyone tell you how the pack is Royal?" My dad asks me.

"Wait?! You mean that the bastard that ruined my dress was royal? I shouted at the king?!" I shout. I know that we have a royal pack, but I have not seen them before. You can usually sense a member of the royal pack, and the King and Queen have a unique smell. That was why I was so shocked. Royals and their mates are lucky, as they get to know their mate straight away, as it is important for a royal to have a mate and for them to be able to shift at all times.

"Well, technically, no. He hasn't fully accepted the title. As you understand the king and Queen hand the title down to their first born on their eighteenth and then has until the first full moon after their twenty first birthday to fully accept the title, or he will have to lose the title for good. I was talking to Tyler, Heath's father, at the ball and he said to me that Heath would ideally wait until he finds his mate to accept or decline the title..." I laugh at this.

"Well he's kept himself busy waiting." I say bitterly. Why should I care? It's not like he's my mate. My dad ignores my remark and continues. 

"This..." He says indicating the piece of paper, "Is an invitation to Heath's birthday party next Monday, when they say he is either going to accept or decline. Tamara was probably called back for a pack meeting where Heath told them what was happening."  My dad finishes.

"Well, that's my weekend sorted. I need another dress."

"Another one? You bought one for the last one, wear that." My dad says.

"Yes, but dad, I can't wear the same dress." I say. "Oh, do you know where the book is that came in the package earlier?"

"Why?" My mom asks.

"I just want to have a look at it." I say. She sighs and nods towards the kitchen.

I'm not really happy with this update so sorry if it's not up to standard. I feel like the story is a bit confusing and takes a while for anything major to happen. I hope that it does make sense and I'm just seeing the worst. ;) If it is please let me know and I may do some major editing.

What did you think?

What do you think will happen next?

Thanks for reading voting, commenting and sharing (if any of you do that ;))

CC ;)