Part 17

As no one got it right, and I wasn't really expecting anyone to as it could have been anyhting, I thought I would dedicate this part to LakeBookReviews as she was the one to guess the most, so I thought that would be fair. ;) Anyway enjoy!! Tell me if you see any mistakes as I wrote it half on my phone and half on my laptop. :)

Sat amidst the tissue paper is a leather bound book. I pick it up and turn it over in my hands. It was quite big, with a picture made out of lines of silver, which contrasted to the black leather of the book, of a wolf raising it's head to the sky. It was a cry of a lonely wolf.

I trace my fingers over the design and open it. An envelope falls out. I pick it up turn it over and see that it has no name on. I look up at my mom, dad and Tamara, who are all looking at the book and me curiously.

"Well, go on, open it." Tamara says looking impatient. I smile and roll my eyes. I turn the envelope over and open the flap and pull out the letter. The envelope looks new, whereas the letter inside looks old. I decide to read it later, so I put the letter back into the envelope and put it into my pocket. I look at the book and see that the pages which are shown are blank. I scrunch my face up in confusion. Why would someone send me this?

"Is that it?" Tamara asks disappointedly. "A book and a mouldy old letter?"

My mom looks in the box and then reaches into it.

"Wait there's a note..." She pulls it out and reads it to herself. Her face changes to one of stone and looks to my dad.

"Mom, what does it say?" I ask.

"Nothing." She says.

"It doesn't look like nothing." I say.

"Well, it is, leave it Trixie." She says harsher.

"Mom, it was addressed to me, I should know." I say in the same tone.

"Ladies, let's calm down, Mary, let Trixie see, she's right." My dad says intervening. My mom sighs and gives me the note. Typed onto it are the words Ding Dong, the bitch was dead.

I look up at my mom and dad confused.

"What does it mean?" I ask.

"See it was nothing to worry about." My mom says with a tight smile.

"Go to school, forget about it, and remember to call if you start to feel ill again."

"Okay, shall we go?." I ask turning to Tamara still confused.

*^*^*^*

I kept getting weird glances all day, as a result of me collapsing. I decided it would be best if I wore sunglasses so I don't have to explain why my eyes are different. I am now sat at lunch and decide to read the letter that was in the book. The top looks like it had been ripped off, this meant I couldn't determine who it was for.  

"Saying goodbye is the most painful way of solving a problem." Don't ask me who said it because I don't know. But whoever did is a fucking genius because they are absolutely right. I love you and you will forever be in my heart, even if I don't know it. You are the bravest, kindest, most loving person I know and will ever know. I know that this will hurt you and I'm sorry for that but this isn't goodbye, this is a see you in another lifetime.

See you next time around,

Underneath was a  big paw print. I feel tears well up in my eyes. I feel bad for reading this which ewas obviously very personal to the people that had written/received it. I blink away the tears and look up to see Tamara walking to the table carrying her lunch.

"Ugh, you would think that the humans were the animals." She says sitting down. She looks at my face and then to the letter in my hands.

"What did it say?" She asks.

"Nothing much, I think someone left it in there by accident." I say stuffing it into my bag. She looks at me warily and then shrugs picking up her sandwich. I sigh and pick up the one Tamara got for me. Who wrote that letter? And who was it for?

Sorry for not updating in a while, I was updating but it took forever for me to think up the letter. :) I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year!

Did you get anything nice for Christmas? I got a new laptop, which is faster and better than my old one, so it will be easier  and quicker to update. :)

What did you think of the letter and book? Mysterious. ;)

What do you think will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and sharing (if any of you do that ;))!

CC ;)